Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

After the last disastrous rollback issue, we've been dreadfully avoiding the thought of updating again, but since we like nearly everyone else got patch - bugged into having an all-male dino sausage fest on our server we decided to risk it and update...

Stinky select "Yes, run update" and select to save and restart, the server comes back up 4-5 minutes later having done nothing. Server version still showing 222.3.

So, select "update" again and now the server has been down and "loading" for well over 2 hours...

I did run;

enablecheats ******

setcheatplayer true

cheat saveworld

Prior to the attempt at updating... I can only hope I don't have everyone reversed 12 hours of game - time work again.... I'll have a server mutiny.

Please tell me you can get our server back online in a reasonable amount of time?

I already submitted a ticket when our "loading c" time was near 2 hours... (ticket ID:520526)

Please help before all the server inhabitants lose all faith...

You no longer need to saveworld prior to an update, it will do it automatically.

As for the data corruption issue (stuck at loading), we're following up via support ticket and it has been processing already and finished soon.

• 2 weeks later...

ID-8543

Ticket# 562956

I sent I ticket in 2 days ago about not being able to update my server or setting and still has not been fixed. After the new ARK update on steam I can not play on my server due to it not being updated to the proper version. The associate that replied to my ticket stated that he sent the issue to the owner and he was fixing it in the last reply I got 2 days ago. Any idea how long this may take....very frustrating not being able to play.

EDIT: Issue is fixed. Had to try 5 different browsers but, non the less its working again. Thank You, Ryan!

Id 6530

Ticket #320670

Having the same issue were i can not start/stop server so i can not update, restore or modify server setting. One of the admins did an update for me but the issue of not being able to start/stop server is still happening snd i need to do a restore. Tried from 2 different browsers. On the control panel under the server name it just keeps saying please waitwith a loading icon that never goes away.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a problem getting mine to update.  I have tried it at least 15 times.  I even changed the name of my Server because I saw a post somewhere say if the name is too long it could cause an issue.  I still can't get it updated.

I did submit a ticket, but I noticed I put it in General, and I can't change that.. so I am making a post here in hopes you see it.

Ticket number

and my server ID number is 10689

I have tried stopping and then doing it also setting it to automatic update.

Thanks,

Electronic Scavenger

For what it's worth I'm having the exact same problem, I've been trying to update since v227 came out but have not been able to do so.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have tried quite a few times at this point.   I have submitted a ticket #993916 for my issue. 

Also, I think general was the right place to put this, the only other two categories were Paid Mod Work & Sales, so you should be good to go

Ok I tried to update again, and now it just comes up and stops.. I run no mods or any add ins or cmd line stuff.  I tried to run the update again.. and it came back stopped again.

Ticket number

and my server ID number is 10689

Thanks,

Electronic Scavenger

They fixed my Server and it looks good.  I hope this doesn't happen for the next patch.

Thanks you guys in support for getting my system back up.  If there is something I can do on my end to make it run better let me know.

Thanks,

Electronic Scavenger

I'm having the same issue with my server. I've done just about everything I can think of and I'm out of ideas. I would like some help if possible.

Game Server ID :10662

I had to roll back to a previous save to get mine to work. 

If it gets stuck on "Loading" that means you have a data corruption crash on your server.

The process (executable) is still started, just stuck at a crash message until it's restarted/stopped.

Rolling back to a prior save as described by Creature is the correct solution.

Hello, I'm starting to have this issue. Tried updating several times over the past few hours with no success, still stuck on 227.1.

952330 is the ticket number, please look into this when you can. Thanks.

so just roll back to the most recent save on roll back option? i think i have this stupid loading corruption thing now :( have a ticket open also

server #

but if its that easy and crappy a fix :( i guess i can probably beat them to the punch. but if im reading this right the server last saved long before i logged off and before i tamed two big foots :( sucks so bad if thats true.

Yeah. No joy here with the update. I've tried multiple times, had to roll back twice. Same problem with the last update. Didn't have any issues like this until I moved my server location. Until 227, updates worked within 3 tries, usually on the first. :\

No ticket yet as I haven't given up but I'm close. lol

6211 if Ryan stumbles by. ;)

what are the steps? i did the most recent roll back and still loading stuck :( so now trying 2nd most recent save. after that finishes i assume i try to update now? then wait a while to see if loading goes away?

tech i was only doing big foot tames so tech i can just use admin commands when i find another one ....... so thats not a huge huge lose. kind of dirty though

We also are having a problem with our server, 
Not sure what to do anymore, we have tried updating it. Restarted it multiple times. We tried doing a roll back and nothing. 

Right now it shows three ? marks where our version # should be. 

It would be wonderful if you could help us. 
Thanks.
Server ID #9974
Ticket# 159764

ya im done. its still doing it after using the 2nd back up save as well. i clearly dont know what im doing and probably just ruined my server save :(.

and ya ive been moved a few times for support reasons i think, but till now i have clicked update now and poof it updates. no issues. i think i have seen it lock on loading before but after a while i just hit refresh and it showed the new version number anyway. now it does not. so this is a total first time for me.

unfortunately also having issues with the most recent update to 228 the server is stuck on 227.1 and wont update I have tried rolling back a few hours before my most recent save file and trying the update from there but still no luck and it has now been about 5 hours since I submitted the below ticket with no news so hoping to hear something from this post ?

Thanks 

Server 9447

ticket 216541

i did not have the last post from ryan on screen before posting this I look forward to hearing soon

If the status says 'Stopped' but it was never stopped or terminated, does this mean that it's currently updating?  I'm not sure if I should leave it alone, or attempt once again to run the update and click save settings and restart.  I've done it 8 times with no luck, this time it's just sitting on 'Stopped' and has been for about 40 minutes.

ID: 10452

I have never encountered a host where I had to wait this long for a rolled out update, especially those with large gaming communities who are founded around a particular game or service.  I can only stall and attempt to make up some story for so long before things start falling apart.. makes things difficult.

18 hours. No update. Doesn't appear to be an issue with any other hosts. What's up here? Server is useless if it's not running the current version.

Making a Twitter post isn't fixing anything.

My server restarts in les than a minute when trying to update so I'm assuming it isn't even talking to Steam. 

well i took a long peaceful sleep.... i would like to assume it was fixed while i slept but from a quick read it looks like not....  times like this i wish i knew a bit more about stuff like this so i could blame someone with conviction because this is kind of bull shit but i dont know whos fault this is :P