Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

Game Server

i still can not update to 228.2 and having no regular spawns kind of sucks. Any updates? I know some people are working but I have rebooted like 5 times on both of our servers and nothing..

Can't seem to get my server to update to version 228.4 been trying for a bit now.

ID #10481

GAME SERVER ID #7816

like EVERY ONE ELSE i have been patient and try to update and give time and update and pay alot of money for your server and service and update and get nothing for a week. please update my server from your end cuz i have restarted/updated/stop and started the server over and over and am still on a previous patch. 

Also

GAME SERVER ID #10610

Won't go past 228.0

server #7840 not updating either

also can you take a look at the password reset links on the ticket system, they don't work?

Will not update past 227.

#6211 Still stuck on 228.1. Been trying everyday and it does NOT update. 

Hey you guys. I put in a ticket for my server not updating as well, and they had it fixed within a few hours. 

All good!

My server is having problems updating passed 228.0

Game Server ID #10790

You should be able to update now. I tweaked something on that server that apparently was missed. Sorry about this!

cannot update past 227 either i submitted a ticket also...

GAME SERVER ID #10772

[HostName] => Mrunic0rn - (v228.6)

Since we have a timed event I hope I can get it updated soon. I'd like to start the new years event on my server asap. already past noon here and the update hasn't taken twice now.

It wouldn't hurt for the control panel to literally list the active version so we can know if it worked. Or even the version it's trying to update to when we click the button.

::: Third times a charm. But still. ^

Since we have a timed event I hope I can get it updated soon. I'd like to start the new years event on my server asap. already past noon here and the update hasn't taken twice now.

It wouldn't hurt for the control panel to literally list the active version so we can know if it worked. Or even the version it's trying to update to when we click the button.

::: Third times a charm. But still. ^

Has your issue been resolved at this time? If not please submit a support ticket and we will get any issues fixed. :)

Same here. Ran a server update and then poof.

Server started but stuck on loading. Checked FTP files and every time I try to update or restart the server I get a new server crash dump file.

GAME SERVER ID #9864

For anyone from SurvivalServers who wants to look and see.

I've posted a ticket correlating with this reply (#636836). With the changes the devs made today, nerfing tamed dino stats, we would like to get our server stats back to where they were prior to the change. I've attempted to do so in the 'modify server configs' console on the server page. We changed tamed dino health and melee from 1 to 2, but we saw no change in game. What can we do to raise the stats to reflect more what they were before the update? Any help on this is really appreciated, Thanks ahead.

From the patch notes:

- Tamed Dino Balance Adjustment

* INI Options for server admins to scale tamed dino stats:

Values we currently have defaulted, in content which server admins can override in their INI's (setting all the values to 0 will have it behave 'like it used to be'!):

WindowsServer\Game.ini

(or LinuxServer)

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

;0: Health

;8: Damage

;Multiplier immediately added for tamed dino

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0] = 0.15f; 

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8] = 0.15f;

;Multiplier applied if perfect affinity

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0] = 0.375f;

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8] = 0.375f;

;Multiplier applied for each TAMED level-up point

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0] = 0.15f;

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8] = 0.15f

After you have saved the changes on the ARK Modify Server Config tool you would need to add these to \ShooterGame\Saved\WindowsServer\Game.ini under the [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] section somewhere

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0]=0
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8]=0
Should set it back to normal.

Just if any are looking... The ability to adjust tamed dino stat modifiers on unofficial servers seems to be back and working. We have found tamed dino health at .5 and melee damage at 1.25 gets it closest to  what we had prior to the change.  

Just if any are looking... The ability to adjust tamed dino stat modifiers on unofficial servers seems to be back and working. We have found tamed dino health at .5 and melee damage at 1.25 gets it closest to  what we had prior to the change.  

Thank you for this.  So, doing as you suggest requires only a change in the configure tool/window provided on the website?  I'd like to avoid fiddling with the INI file if possible.

Started a server today and when I press start I get nothing, Support ticket says update server but it refuses to update or start any thoughts? 

Ticket #110314

Started a server today and when I press start I get nothing, Support ticket says update server but it refuses to update or start any thoughts? 

Ticket #110314

** START/RESTART/UPDATE ** - ARK Update (Automatic) enabled or lots of Mod IDs prolong start up by 20 to 60 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Hey, 

I'm new to this forum because I can't get my dedicated server to update to v236. I've read quite a few of these posts on this thread and none of them really seem to fit what my issue is. Firstly, how and where do I submit a ticket for Ryan to look at? Is it even on this website?

Now on to my problem:

I have been running an ARK server for about a month now and have actually successfully updated it once before from v234 to v235. Now, when I am trying to update to v236 it doesn't seem to want to update for me. I have gone through the SteamCMD process, laid out in a couple guides, about ten times now and it just refuses to update. Here's what I type in:

login anonymous

force_install_dir F:\ARK Server\DedicatedServer

app_update 376030 validate

It then takes about five minutes to finish that process and it tells me "Success! app 376030 fully installed!" and I then run the batch file and wait for the server to boot up. However, this is the messed up part, when I check on my Steam server list under LAN, it still says v235 and I can't see it in game because my client is running v236. So even though the SteamCMD process tells me "success!" the game is still running the same version as it was before I tried to update. 

Please any help telling me where I am going wrong is greatly appreciated and will help me and my friends get back to our dinos as fast as possible

p.s.: If anyone could also help me understand the difference between using 376030 or 346110 for updating would also be of use to me. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Having issues after today's update. I am able to see the server in the console online but when i attempt to join it I get a timed out connection error.

Ticket #381742

Having issues after today's update. I am able to see the server in the console online but when i attempt to join it I get a timed out connection error.

Ticket #381742

The recent ARK patch changed several big things with ARK. There were a few added on dinos and a new 4k texture pack. It will take some time for each of the Steam workshop mod developers to update their mods so that they work with this patch. In the mean time, you are getting the timeout issue due to an ARK server crash (a "Fatal error" crash) which is related to this. You can wait and try again later or you can remove all of the mods and play on your server without those mods until they are updated for the new patch. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Further information can be found on each of the mod developers Steam workshop page.