Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

I am still stuck at "loading".. Has been for 40 minutes.. I tried to update it as soon as it was up again, so all in all, I guess I've been "loading" for about 1,5 hours.. What's strange is that ARKON is connected, but the server is offline everywhere else..

ID #6146

The server cannot update and won't start.

Ticket #: 515239
Server: 7429.

Seriously this is becoming ridiculous...

So, again, survival servers has been awful with customer support...

Mind you, I had already loss data due to your hardware and server settings twice.
My server has repeatedly been moved off my chosen server location 3x times. (Twice which ended up in France and once in NY).
My server, trying to update to the newest version of ARK, fails to start and when I check on the FTP, there's literally nothing on the server, except my saved files....(I opened a ticket and haven't received any response whatsoever.)

I believe I have been very patient with what has happened so far.

(1) I have requested that you resolve this matter multiple times and received nothing in customer support.
(2) I have posted on the forum and my posts have been deleted.

Ticket #: 515239

Server: 7429.

I see you are on the latest version. You should keep doing an ARK update during updates, a lot of people are simultaneously trying to update and Steam servers get a bit overwhelmed during this time. Just be patient and keep trying, it shouldn't take more than a couple hours to get on the latest version (in a worst case scenario)

We've moved a few customers due to hardware swaps, failures, etc. These are game servers, not dedicated hardware. They are subject to moving around with or without advanced notice. I understand it's not ideal and if that sort of thing is important to you or your community I would highly recommend a dedicated server.

As for post deletions, this is standard and we have a thread dedicated to this topic:

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1817-rules-thread-important-please-read-if-your-postthread-got-deleted/

Additionally, we do not guarantee any sort of response time frame outside of our 12-24 hour timeframe. We have employees working from 8AM PST to 12AM PST daily, there's no 24/7 support and we've never claimed we have that. Lately (since the ARK launch) we've been working well into the night but there's no sort of guarantee for late night hour replies until we hire EU employees.

Just a heads up from the patch notes:

Note: v201 was accidentally labelled as 200.0 in-game! Sorry about that! We'll fix it next time around when we jump to 202. To change it right now would cause matchmaking headaches ;) 

Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: 201.0 (labelled as 200.0)

So if it looks like your attempted update went back to an earlier version... it didn't.

I am not able to update my server to the latest patch, and it has been over 5-6hrs. I have submitted a support ticket and I didn't receive a ticket number do I have to wait for a reply or something? stuck at v200.2 btw....

Support ticket is busted, you do not get a ticket number and i dont think your getting all of our support tickets. I've tried twice and no ticket number any where shows. I been with this company 3 days and have no one e-mail or no-one look into this matter. My ARK server has been off for 2 days now : (

GAME SERVER ID #8312

Is there an issue with updating to 203?  I have tried numerous times today to update my server and have yet to have the server actually update.  My players all have the update, so they are unable to play currently.

Ticket submitted. I have several disgruntled players right now.

Perhaps it would be wise of you to remind your players that you are hosting an early access title, and as such..updates happen very frequently, and every update the steam servers get overloaded. Until the dev cycle slows down this will be an ongoing issue. If you keep trying it will work, with no intervention by survivalservers staff needed.

Is there an issue with updating to 203? I have tried numerous times today to update my server and have yet to have the server actually update. My players all have the update, so they are unable to play currently.

Steam/Survivalservers servers get hammered and dont respons to every request when updates get pushed out. Everyone trying to all download at the same time. If you played GTAV back when it launched on 360/ps3 or any other large-scale online game, you know what i'm talking about.

Perhaps it would be wise of you to remind your players that you are hosting an early access title, and as such..updates happen very frequently, and every update the steam servers get overloaded. Until the dev cycle slows down this will be an ongoing issue. If you keep trying it will work, with no intervention by survivalservers staff needed.

I don't know who you are, but perhaps it would be wise of you not to talk down to people.  What SHOULD be happening is a main server should call in the update, and all of the rest of the servers should update from it locally, so that there is no dependency on the steam servers.  That would be the most efficient method.

Also, now my server won't even start.

I don't know who you are, but perhaps it would be wise of you not to talk down to people. What SHOULD be happening is a main server should call in the update, and all of the rest of the servers should update from it locally, so that there is no dependency on the steam servers. That would be the most efficient method.

Also, now my server won't even start.

Sorry, wasn't intending to come across as a douche, my players get all antsy too when anything bad (in game or server related) happens and I have to constantly remind them "EARLY ACCESS, THINGS BREAK, DEAL WITH IT OR WAIT UNTIL FULL RELEASE"

That's actually a really good idea. There may be some specific reason why they haven't implemented that. Regardless, suggest it! I have suggested a few things in support tickets and they have listened really well to everything I had to offer

Yes, @ColdNorthMenace is correct. It should update but does not due to a reason, and that's why this thread exists, for those cusotmers to get help. Sometimes, it's the Steam servers being slammed with downloads after a big update,or it's a a hardware issue on the server, or something else that requires manual intervention by our staff. Please let me know your game server ID so I can look it up.

What SHOULD be happening is a main server should call in the update, and all of the rest of the servers should update from it locally, so that there is no dependency on the steam servers.  That would be the most efficient method.

Duplicating of Steam's command protocol would require so much overhead and wasted disk i/o. The Steam command protocol method is efficient and if there is an issue with pulling files, we just have to try multiple times, it's not like there are hours of downtime, we're talking minutes of difference here. Trying again every 15 minutes should do the trick. Also if that's still not working, then manual intervention is definitely required.

My server isnt updating at all, tried for the last several hours with no success at all. Server #7814, Support Ticket #515558

[HostName] => Desire Gaming - (v204.0)

This is updated.

Same here, server # 6929, again.  Control Panel is completely unresponsive, I cannot stop, restart, or update my server.

All set

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo, have tried updating about a dozen times with the before said time. Every 20-30 minutes. All settings are default. I paid half the price for both of my other servers that work right away ! The update works right away! It says its update but fails to launch made a ticket forever ago, never got a ticket number, confirmation email or anything. I am about to cancel. I am running 3 servers and this is number 3, but its not worth it to me unless it works !

Sever #8583

Sooooo, have tried updating about a dozen times with the before said time. Every 20-30 minutes. All settings are default. I paid half the price for both of my other servers that work right away ! The update works right away! It says its update but fails to launch made a ticket forever ago, never got a ticket number, confirmation email or anything. I am about to cancel. I am running 3 servers and this is number 3, but its not worth it to me unless it works !

Sever #8583

#6548 still won't update. please advise as I just paid for another 3 months and now cannot play my game.

Thx in advance

-Todd

I see you both are updated to 208.3