Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

The recent ARK patch changed several big things with ARK. There were a few added on dinos and a new 4k texture pack. It will take some time for each of the Steam workshop mod developers to update their mods so that they work with this patch. In the mean time, you are getting the timeout issue due to an ARK server crash (a "Fatal error" crash) which is related to this. You can wait and try again later or you can remove all of the mods and play on your server without those mods until they are updated for the new patch. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Further information can be found on each of the mod developers Steam workshop page.

Love the quick response but I am running no mods on my server that I am aware of. Kept it out of the box to avoid things like this when I originally set it up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do I get my server to update to the new patch?  I take it that it should do it by itself I would think.  Right now all that play on my server can not get in because Steam updated our accounts and the server has not. Am I right in that I just have to wait until it does it?  I have done a restart for my server but still no joy.

• 1 month later...

Good Afternoon,

I purchased a server from you today right in the middle of an update. However, the server is reading as being 243.2 and so is my client, yet I can't connect. Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

my server is set to autoupdate, it should be autoupdating whenever there is an update, it is not, consequently my server is down for hours until I log in and manually update the server, one of the primary reasons I chose this server hosting is because it said it featured autoupdating, as a brand new server I cannot afford to have my players unable to play for 2 4 8 10 hours or whatever time it may be till I log in and manually update it, if we dont have the capability to auto update the servers here please let me know. thank you

• 2 months later...

I have now updated three times for the small fixes that went through. It says that I am still "outdated" even though I am now apparently running a patch ahead of the official servers. I am currently running ARK Version 247.83 on the server, however the official servers are all still at 247.81. I am not sure how I am still outdated and no matter what I do it still says that I am.

Same issue as above however my server is now showing my server version as ??? and i cant connect to it through any of the numerous means since it simply isn't online and it says Started (0/10 Players) Loading... Forever after hours I have been trying to fix that on top of being double charged for the server I have a ticket open for each of them. #426434 and #438145

Same issue as above however my server is now showing my server version as ???

i have that exact same problem since the start, (about two weeks ago) and it keeps saying, ??? ..

however the game runs the right version and starts for me.

GAME SERVER ID #24540

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, my server says it is updated to 253.1 I have run the update twice just to make sure, but the Winter Wonderland event does not appear to be running when actually in game. No snow, no sign of raptorclaus etc. help?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,  

Our server has now stated for last 3 days its out of date as per image below.  However we have rebooted and force it to Update and Update/Verify but it still states its out of date.  

Is their an issue updating?

What is the version its thinks should currently be installed?

vJD5SyO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

v254 is streaming out now on steam now. woot! Noticed the servers dont have it available on their end yet.. Figured id drop a line incase the ball isnt rolling yet.

Cool its out nm... dont know how to erase this post completely sooooo <-- bam

v254 is streaming out now on steam now. woot! Noticed the servers dont have it available on their end yet.. Figured id drop a line incase the ball isnt rolling yet. 

How can you tell if the servers do or don't have the update on their end?

It will say Ready with the version as v254 in the control panel.

Ever since I got the server my version has just been ???, and I've never seen it say "ready" anywhere. We've been playing on the server fine, though.

Ever since I got the server my version has just been ???, and I've never seen it say "ready" anywhere. We've been playing on the server fine, though.

If that is all you see, there is a good chance your server name is too long. I can't remember the exact number of letters you are allowed, but 8 of those were used by SS to fill that in on the control panel

There are multiple threads about this including a segment in the Frequently Asked Questions pinned topic discussing this.

My server has always shown "ARK Version ???" and does not give me the actual version, nor does it state it in the Ark lobby list. (It does say its "Ready" however)

But I'm having a problem where my server loads, but I get an error trying to load game saying "Client BuildId does not match host BuildId".

I don't think it's updating to v254.4. I've tried to force the server to update upon restart, no luck. Any solutions to this?