Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

All server starting issues / Loading issues here ** megathread **

trentonm

Same issue here. I've restarted the server multiple times. Never showing up in the server list and showing up for 2 seconds in the Steam Servers section before showing <not responding>. I've already changed the name to remove spaces. Tried adding just a space at the end. Made sure to select "Yes, run update/validate" on each restart. 

I just logged into game to make sure I show up, I do and am playable. Still only a one word name, but there.

It took a while for the server to show up the first time I tried today and then I ignored it, but I use an odd name and it stuck in my head, so I tried it.

I just logged into game to make sure I show up, I do and am playable. Still only a one word name, but there.

Thanksnot I'll definitely try this when I get home.

Hey everyone!

My server says it's Started and Ready, does it just take time to populate on the in-game server browser?

Or is there an easier way of direct connecting to it?

I am experiencing the same issues. I search for my server and it does not show up.

Staff intervention locked.

I have my players waiting. The server supports lomgtemp to restart and here it is stopped.

GAME SERVER ID #33696

Well the server doesn't show up in the games server list. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Everything says it's ready but its just not showing up.

You may be doing nothing wrong. It isn't real clear, but I assume it's on the games end and the patch changing something that is doing this. Read other threads today for more detail. It may be showing up but not with a name you recognize. It is being reported on steam, but no way to know how big the problem is or who exactly it is affecting.

On the other hand, stuff happens, and you might have another problem they can help you with.

I would assume we'll hear from an admin pretty soon, as this has gone on for a good while now.

My server was "Paleo World", it is now "Paleo". I don't know what others might have been changed to, or how unrecognizable they might be on the steam list.

When restarting the server after changing restart settings, Survival Servers changes the name of your server show ?MaxPlayers=20?ServerPassword=xxxxxx" ...

That's a pretty big security hole IMHO.

When restarting the server after changing restart settings, Survival Servers changes the name of your server show ?MaxPlayers=20?ServerPassword=xxxxxx" ...

That's a pretty big security hole IMHO.

Not sure what you mean. My password didn't change or player number? Only the name as far as I saw.

Maybe this will help someone. 
Ok I have noticed over the last few days that the CP page does not refresh the page to from loading status. If my server shows up in the game browser under favorites The server is actually running and i can play but status stays at loading. Manually refresh the page and status changes to ready. 

My current Issue (since latest update this morning) is that I have to run Validate Every time or my server does not ever exit the Loading state. I just did a Validate and it took 11 minutes to validate and show up in game browser. I also then tried a regular restart and after 36 min it new showed up. Run validate and 9 min later it is going. 

Can't get server to start after latest update.

I was having the problem with the max players/ password being displayed in the server list today. I decided to add the | character after the server name and restart the server. This did the trick and server started displaying properly and I was able to log in and play for an hour or two. Log off and went to play again about 30 minutes later. My server was not being listed. I exited the game and went to check server status, noticed you had since posted a pix so decided to update and restart the server. The process seemed to complete but the server still does not appear to be started. Under status in the control panel I see "unknown" The Start Stop Reset buttons in the upper right and greyed out. When I use the Launch button to open via steam, steam reports: "Server is nor responding"

EDIT: This seems to have resolved itself on it's own. After about an hour the start button was no longer greyed out and I was able to start and log on to the server.

Already opened ticket, but curious if this is wide spread.

Server was showing online and ready in control panel at 5:00 PM CST when I left work.

Noticed they pushed another update. I have tried running server update/validate. Modify server tool to try and force a restart, but it is still in an unknown status. The page doesnt seem likes it trying to start the server at all as the web page refreshes pretty quick. As when youre running an update it takes 5-10 minutes before there is a refresh of the webpage.

I finally was able to find my server. It is still NOT listed on the official server list through the game client, but was able to find it using Steam's server list. I tried to connect, it went to the loading screen, but then knocked me straight back to the main menu. The other users I play with all tried to connect as well, and all were sent back to the main menu. When we attempt to connect, the top conan servers webpage for my server refreshes and says it sees us trying to connect, but we never connect successfully. 

Please let me know if you're aware of this issue, and what is being done to correct it.

My ticket gets updated saying that it is fixed and when I start the server it locks up again! This is round number three! The server has been down more than it was up! Of course, it does no good posting here there is no Admin responding! 

Notified my issue was resolved.  Server was no longer "Unknown" but it was STAFF INTERVENTION LOCKED.  Emailed again.  Now we're back to "Unknown" - could we please just get an update on when/if this will be fixed?  I'm ready to just go get another server and call this one lost.  

Crashing issue is unrelated to this thread, please keep this forum organized by posting in the proper threads.

There is also a dedicated thread for unknowns.

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/forum-66/announcement-2-important-server-status-unknown-on-the-control-panel-server-status/

Ran update and validate a couple of times, still stuck on loading. Server ID #33231

Like poster below me, server ran fine more or less since i bought it but the loading problem started this morning.

My Server (GAME SERVER ID #34491) says it is Started but is LOADING. I've followed the instructions to update it, and validate it, but that has done nothing. Just wondering if there is something I am missing here?

My Server (GAME SERVER ID #34491) says it is Started but is LOADING. I've followed the instructions to update it, and validate it, but that has done nothing. Just wondering if there is something I am missing here?

Same here, tried update&validate, but still stuck on Loading. Server run fine in the last 3 days, problem just appeared this morning.

GAME SERVER ID #32933

We ran beautiful for about 36 hours maybe less then we crashed hard.  Now we're stuck in loading again.  Tried verifying install several times and reset the config but still stuck in loading.  Also, when I first went to the panel, I couldn't connect.  I got this message: Could not reach the database server on 'sspanel' database: No such file or directory

Anyone else get that?

Server #31394

Think there's some issue we users cant really do anything about atm. Seems alot of people have "loading" stuck on their servers so i guess wait til we get admins answers/a fix.

Think there's some issue we users cant really do anything about atm. Seems alot of people have "loading" stuck on their servers so i guess wait til we get admins answers/a fix.

At this point I think so. Sucks, I just purchased my server a couple of hours ago and haven't been able to use it. Tried a few more times to update, and nothing. Huge disappointment.

At this point I think so. Sucks, I just purchased my server a couple of hours ago and haven't been able to use it. Tried a few more times to update, and nothing. Huge disappointment.

When i purchased my server it took a couple of hours before it was up and running.

Same here, tried update&validate, but still stuck on Loading. Server run fine in the last 3 days, problem just appeared this morning.

GAME SERVER ID #32933

Update: my Server is at READY State again, I didn't do anything. Last State was LOADING.... 

Update: my Server is at READY State again, I didn't do anything. Last State was LOADING.... 

Same as me, now i keep getting "server password not valid" error message when i try to log in thru steam server list cus my server doesnt show in the ingame server list yet But this fixed itself when i had it when i first bought the server at the beginning.