Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

All server starting issues / Loading issues here ** megathread **

trentonm

Is there any way we can get an update please?  I haven't had a reply on my server ticket for hours nor has anyone posted any information here.  I understand you guys are slammed but just an update shouldn't take long so we have something to tell our members.  =/ please?

Yes bumping tickets of any kind does move you back in the queue. It won't make much of a difference though, we are bulk handling tickets in large chunks which are the same issue. You should receive an answer in the next couple hours if you still can't fix the issue on your own.

Thank you Ryan.  Do you guys allow remote server access other than FTP?  The control panel doesn't give us the ability to access anything, all we can do is keep hitting the update and verify button and cross our fingers.  If there's another access that would let us actually reinstall the software and update it ourselves, or see what errors are happening so we know what needs to be fixed, that would be the only way we could fix the issue on our own and I am more than happy to do exactly that if it's available.  

So I have Validated and restarted the server. Done the updates and everything that has been stated before, but when I hit start the server fails to start. It either loads for a set amount of time and then refreshes the page and the server still says stopped, or it doesn't practically instantly with it saying stop. 

I just purchased the time on this server, am I in a cool down period? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Server #33879 for reference. I am refraining from putting in a ticket to see if there is any thing I can resolve on this side.

Edit/Update: Every time it fails to start it update the "Last Start: area of the control panel as if it started and then immediately stopped at some point in the process. 

How about Server Status "Unknown"?

Purchased about two hours ago.

*** EDIT For others wondering, response received was as I expected: "unexpected maintenance on the server that your game server is located on"

post-5468-0-71360700-1485996460_thumb.png

I am trying to change the Server Update option to Yes, run update/validate but every time i save it just goes back to Only if needed.

Can't get the server to start...I get to keep waiting while it claims to be doing what i tell it to then when the loading is done nothing is changed...server is off and "Only if needed" is selected

Server 33946

Hi i am trying to Start my server,  

GAME SERVER ID #33661

So I had this running fine last night I was able to find and join my server but none of my friends could, we have port-forward our routers and firewalls to the ports for steam and the server IP address. Now we are trying to find a good step by step process to troubleshoot our issue. I have never purchased a server before so this is my first time using all of this if someone could help me figure out this in detail i would be very thankful.

How do you even start the server up? (I'm new to this kind of stuff) 

It said it Started but still loading. What else do i need to do? The server doesn't show up in my game list. I guess i have to wait for this "Loading" ? Will that show the server in my game?

Still waiting on mine to come online as well. #34085

It's been offline ever since i paid for it. Told it to start about every 30 minutes. It did nothing. Told it to update, it updated for a longass time then went back to offline. I started it again, it went to "loading" for like 2 minutes then right back down to offline. The only thing "instant" about this setup has been the instant frustration.

It's been offline ever since i paid for it. Told it to start about every 30 minutes. It did nothing. Told it to update, it updated for a longass time then went back to offline. I started it again, it went to "loading" for like 2 minutes then right back down to offline. The only thing "instant" about this setup has been the instant frustration.

Your server is online and usable.

It's been offline ever since i paid for it. Told it to start about every 30 minutes.

Your server is online and usable.

It did nothing. Told it to update, it updated for a longass time then went back to offline. I started it again, it went to "loading" for like 2 minutes then right back down to offline. The only thing "instant" about this setup has been the instant frustration.

Online yes, usable, not yet. You can try to connect to it but it just kicks you back to the main menu every single time. I've confirmed it with friends across the country as well.

Run the server update. Further issues create a support ticket.

That will be the third time I've told it to do server update in less than three hours. And you're telling me to create an additional support ticket to the one that I already have, is that correct?

Yet this entire time you have not created a support ticket? I think it's pretty self explanatory that you will need to create a support ticket as I can't diagnose what's going on by forum posts.. think of it from my perspective, you are giving me very little information to go off of. Dealing with thousands of customers per day it is much better to jump in on your specific server from a support ticket then assumptions in a forum ;)

I'm starting to feel very frustrated. I don't see my server in the server list. I'm used to running my own server ran from my pc but felt this would be a better option to ensure server restarts, connection for my friends, and general ease of use would make paying for a server the better option. I'm not exactly new to running servers. I would generally just check my port forwarding from my router, ensure the IP address is configured, etc.

My server says it's ready and in blue and will never progresses. I've done the update and validate button many times. It's a no go. I see you say it's a known issue but people paying for a server want their server to work so they and their social community can play. I don't exactly have access to force it to show my server, what recourse or options do I have? My experience this far can only be described as very negative. Please advise or assist.

Well I don't why the server is not showing up in the list of the game.

It started but still loading..Is that the issue? The "Loading" 

AOAJVv4.png

Edit: well now it says it's Ready instead of loading.

But the server still doesnt show up in  the game.

Same issue for me.  Was fine yesterday.  Today, stuck at loading.  Already tried the update/validate thing. #33905

Well I don't why the server is not showing up in the list of the game.

AOAJVv4.png

Edit: well now it says it's Ready instead of loading.

But the server still doesnt show up in  the game.

No, mine says ready in blue but still doesn't show my server in the list.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/3pbzx"><a href="//imgur.com/3pbzx"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So removing all the spaces in my name got me in the list... but now it says I am in Europe  :-\

Edit:  Lots going on here... I guess new games do that.  My INI file was a complete mismatch for what was setup yesterday AND what was still displayed in the GUI editor.  I had to resave it.