Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

All server starting issues / Loading issues here ** megathread **

trentonm

Notified my issue was resolved.  Server was no longer "Unknown" but it was STAFF INTERVENTION LOCKED.  Emailed again.  Now we're back to "Unknown" - could we please just get an update on when/if this will be fixed?  I'm ready to just go get another server and call this one lost.  

Yep... I did not have the Staff Intervention Locked message, but I am in the same boat and back to Unknown again after the support tech told me it should be resolved.

Mine (33905) is just stuck on loading forever... yesterday it was very unstable, but at least I could restart it and it would go "Ready".

Today, nothing I do seems to get it out of "Loading".

Edit:  I take it back... restoring a backup got it online.  What is going on...

Ryan, 
I have figured out an issue with my machine/CP it may fix a lot of LOADING issues for others. It started yesterday for me. 

Issue. 
When i make a config with the tool and start my server I sit at loading forever (2 hours is the longest I waited.) 
I have to Validate to get the server to advance past Loading. once done server is READY in about 3 min. 
Validating defaults the ServerSettings.ini to a default that I do not like and need to change. 
I use the config tool and the server sticks on LOADING again. 
When I view the new and default .ini using the link on the CP They look to be formatted correctly 
When I FTP in and grab them both and edit with note pad the default is formatted correctly but the one created by the tool is not. 
I added a "linebreak" after each line so it was formatted correctly by pressing enter. 
re-up the ini to the server and all is good in the world. 

Temp Fix:
Grab modified ServerSettings.ini by FTP and edit it in note pad to correct format by pressing enter after each line. 
Upload edited .ini by FTP and boot server. 

Perm Fix... 
Hope SS can get the config tool to output the .ini with correct formatting. 

Server dont start until this morning, we try to restart a few times and apply updates but still dont working, we need help as soon as posible.

Thank you.

Server ID 

Server dont start until this morning, we try to restart a few times and apply updates but still dont working, we need help as soon as posible.

Thank you.

Server ID 

Did you try the update/validate option? 

SS tweeted out message regarding Dallas datacenter. This is where my issues were coming from.

"Transferring customers off 45.35.132.86 today due to a hardware issue. Will result in a new IP:Port and data will be transferred!"

Will take a couple of hours.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/827576201170391040

Ryan, 

I have figured out an issue with my machine/CP it may fix a lot of LOADING issues for others. It started yesterday for me. 

Issue. 

When i make a config with the tool and start my server I sit at loading forever (2 hours is the longest I waited.) 

I have to Validate to get the server to advance past Loading. once done server is READY in about 3 min. 

Validating defaults the ServerSettings.ini to a default that I do not like and need to change. 

I use the config tool and the server sticks on LOADING again. 

When I view the new and default .ini using the link on the CP They look to be formatted correctly 

When I FTP in and grab them both and edit with note pad the default is formatted correctly but the one created by the tool is not. 

I added a "linebreak" after each line so it was formatted correctly by pressing enter. 

re-up the ini to the server and all is good in the world. 

Temp Fix:

Grab modified ServerSettings.ini by FTP and edit it in note pad to correct format by pressing enter after each line. 

Upload edited .ini by FTP and boot server. 

Perm Fix... 

Hope SS can get the config tool to output the .ini with correct formatting. 

Checking on this now, thanks for the info.

been stuck at Loading... and Unknown for the last 2 hours, my people can not connect to my server and it appears offline. I'm very frustrated.

I've tried running Update and Validate 3 times with no success.

been stuck at Loading... and Unknown for the last 2 hours, my people can not connect to my server and it appears offline. I'm very frustrated.

I've tried running Update and Validate 3 times with no success.

Try this.

https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5086-loading-forever-i-have-a-fix-for-mine/

Have done all the things posted all over since 9hours ago, nothing seemes to work.
I did read the Twitter feed about some datacenter hardware collapsed but I dont think its related.

Anyhow. Ill have some more patience and wait abit more :D Weekend can still be saved.

GAME SERVER ID #34168

Got help to start the server by Patrick Irwin. Thanks alot!

"This has been fixed! There was an issue with SteamCMD not copying over the required Steam API files for the servers use. It's up and running now :)"

But I it was completely wiped. So tried to restore it with the nearest backup. And now I am stuck again. #Greed

Even tho it would probably have happened again eitherway since all settings was at default also, so a restart was required and woulda made it stuck.

Patrick Senpai pls :>

Got help to start the server by Patrick Irwin. Thanks alot!

"This has been fixed! There was an issue with SteamCMD not copying over the required Steam API files for the servers use. It's up and running now :)"

But I it was completely wiped. So tried to restore it with the nearest backup. And now I am stuck again. #Greed

Even tho it would probably have happened again eitherway since all settings was at default also, so a restart was required and woulda made it stuck.

Patrick Senpai pls :>

I would grab a copy of the saved folder off the backup... 

when you get it back running copy it over to the server and you should have your stuff. 

I would grab a copy of the saved folder off the backup... 

when you get it back running copy it over to the server and you should have your stuff. 

Doable without restarting tho?

Now I'm stuck at "Stopped" no matter if i Restart/Update/validate it won't go away. I press Start and it loads for a while then goes back to the same page while being "Stopped".

GAME SERVER ID #33274

Step 1: Validate server

2017-02-03_14h31_39.png

Step 2: Save from Modify Server Config tool

2017-02-03_14h32_30.png

Step 3: Should say Ready after refreshing a couple times (give it 5 min)

Step 4: Create a support ticket if it's still stuck on Loading

Have been having issues starting, I have been doing the server update and even updated the config. the server came up once for 3 minutes and for some reason the region was "Europe" even though the config says American. Now its back at "Unknown" Made a ticket a few hours ago. Now it takes a few minutes to refresh the server page, and several to update.

Server id #34626

Config tool still breaks my server. 
Now i have to validate again so that a known good ini for my server will load. 
It appears that Validate reloads the last ini that the sever thinks worked. 
Currently I have a good ini from earlier today that I keep a copy of. 
IF I use the config tool I get the loading issue.
IF I use The config tool and then select reset configuration button at bottom it wipes out the current ini and will boot but only if the server booted previously booted from a good ini (or after a validation)

1.I booted to a know good ini
2. I ran config tool and changed 1 setting (any setting will do it just to force it to create a new ini) 
3. Server would not boot
   3a. I uploaded ini from step 1 and server would not boot.
4. Validate 
5. Server booted to the same ini that i had used in step 1

6. I use config tool then the reset config button
7. Server deletes ini from step 1 and writes a brand new one

8. Server Boots from reset ini
9. i ran config tool and changed one setting
10 Server will not boot. 
11. Validate 
12. server boots from reset ini ( the last one that completed a boot)
13. upload ini from step 1
14. Server boots from ini in step one.

Hope this help yall a bit.