Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

All server starting issues / Loading issues here ** megathread **

trentonm

Just curious at what point does paying for a product you never recieve become stealing? Had my server since day after launch and ive played about 8 hours total on my server and i feel so robbed ive rented dayz, ark, and 7d2d servers from you guys before and never had these issues nor this amount of rejection from your support team i put in a ticket saying steam list doesnt work shows my server as a EU server and i get answers to my ticket after waiting hours like yeah we are aware of connection issues please use steam list to connect to your server. HELLO do u even read the tickets steam list doesnt work!!!!

Server #35011

Server has been stuck on "Unknown" status since yesterday.  Can't reboot or re-activate no matter what I try.   Ticket is in, but I thought I'd post here since so many are saying their tickets aren't being responded to.

Yesterday (Sunday 2/5) I had heavy lag and a couple of times I lost levels because the server reverted back to saved games upon re-logging (to fix crafting bug issues in game).  

Really disappointed to see that there have been no global updates as to the drastic negative outpouring people have been posted here.  I'm brand new to this service, and I understand that sometimes it's client errors or whatever but clearly you are having major server issues as well on your side.

The only "update" I saw was from another user posting in the main forums that you guys are having serious hardware issues right now.  Let your customers know what's going on please, and provide us with an ETA on when you believe everything will be back up.  That's the least we can ask for here.

Edit in response to the twitter post that was made above:  I don't use Twitter...would be nice if you guys would post ongoing issues and ETAs on the console page.

Before the trolls jump in I need to throw out there that I worked as a VP for a global software (SaaS) (Hosting) company based out of Australia. 

With that said... stop your damn crying. It's a new game. Every game has issues, especially with integration. People getting upset about 2 days of downtime have no clue what it's like to run a server farm and keep everything smooth. Imagine playing catch with an MLB pitcher, but the pitcher is moving constantly and you are moving as well. It's not a simple keystroke and bam! you are running a server. You have to allocate, track and maintain bandwidth, speed, memory and of course UPDATES. Some of those updates don't like your system. Some of those updates decide they are going to kick your system in the tea bag.

You people need to relax, unplug and get your priorities straight. I paid for 6 months in advance, it's no big deal! I submitted one ticket! (That's all) Software by its very nature is a beast, unless you have the skills to program, integrate and work on networks and manage server farms then you seriously need to calm down and breathe.

They will get it fixed, it's in their nature to do so. No one wants the servers up and running more than they do. They are not trying to troll you. No amount of bitching, complaining or threatening is going to make it better. No you don't get a refund! Read the damn contract! Stop being asshats and go outside... get out of the basement... be somebody.

Game Server #35429

Updated/Validated, then it went into "Loading", about 10 mins later it showed "Unknown" status. Restart/Stop buttons are greyed out, rebooting by saving or config updating does nothing. It no longer reacts or is accessible.

Before the trolls jump in I need to throw out there that I worked as a VP for a global software (SaaS) (Hosting) company based out of Australia. 

With that said... stop your damn crying. It's a new game. Every game has issues, especially with integration. People getting upset about 2 days of downtime have no clue what it's like to run a server farm and keep everything smooth. Imagine playing catch with an MLB pitcher, but the pitcher is moving constantly and you are moving as well. It's not a simple keystroke and bam! you are running a server. You have to allocate, track and maintain bandwidth, speed, memory and of course UPDATES. Some of those updates don't like your system. Some of those updates decide they are going to kick your system in the tea bag.

You people need to relax, unplug and get your priorities straight. I paid for 6 months in advance, it's no big deal! I submitted one ticket! (That's all) Software by its very nature is a beast, unless you have the skills to program, integrate and work on networks and manage server farms then you seriously need to calm down and breathe.

They will get it fixed, it's in their nature to do so. No one wants the servers up and running more than they do. They are not trying to troll you. No amount of bitching, complaining or threatening is going to make it better. No you don't get a refund! Read the damn contract! Stop being asshats and go outside... get out of the basement... be somebody.

I agree with this gentlemen/lady (not sure which).  The same thing happened with ark when everyone was jumping ship from officials and flooding the unofficial server hosts  renting servers.  The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.  

My biggest issue is that they are still selling servers. You can't get the ones that have already been paid for working reliably, so why keep selling more? I get that the game just came out and there is a higher demand than you probably anticipated, but cmon. 

Hi, I had issues getting my server started two days ago, and now suddenly my server is locked: Staff Intervention. I have sent a ticket in but I'm sorry 12-24 hour wait time on a ticket is ridiculous, my ark server is hosted elsewhere and has 24/7 support for issues like this! I would have stuck with my ark provider but their Conan servers were double the amount here. At this rate if issues aren't fixed soon, I will be asking for my money back and taking my custom elsewhere. I've been through this whole forum and no one has had a response regarding staff interventions, so I would really like an answer as to why, my server has hardly been up at all.

GAME SERVER ID #35062

Server #35200

I understand issues but my question is if I am paying a server company to run a server for me are they paying me to keep it down? Time is money and just as I pay them for time up they should be compensating me for time down especially in  long duration. My server is also in middle of a staff intervention.

Noice little update, my server is currently locked after what im assuming was a 12 hour update and restart because i got tired of staring at my screen hoping for the best and went to bed. I am so thrilled about this :/ only because of the fact SOMETHING happend on my server

Learn to read things before you sign on the dotted line.

• Services
    1. Survival Servers will use reasonable efforts to supply a continuous Service to the Customer. Within these reasonable efforts, Survival Servers is not to be held responsible for Service outage, down time, hardware failure, data loss, missed or non-deliveries, service interruptions, or errors and omissions by the Customer. Survival Servers is not responsible for any losses suffered resulting from acts of god or force majeure including civil unrest, riots, floods, drought, fire, war and imposing legislation.
    2. You agree that Survival Servers is not liable for any damages which You may suffer as a result of loss of business, contracts, profits, savings or otherwise. Survival Servers is unable to exercise control over content sent or received via the Internet and is not to be held liable for the publication by the Customer of inaccurate, misleading, offensive, threatening or obscene, hateful, or material that is in breach of United States or Customer country law.
    3. The Customer is liable for all charges applied by their telephone, cell phone, or land line provider arising from the Customer's use of Services.
    4. Maintenance by Survival Servers or any of its contractors or sub-contractors may be carried out with little or no advanced warning to the Customer. Survival Servers will make best efforts to notify all affected Customers of the maintenance and excludes responsibility in the event that prior notice is not reasonable or possible.

Learn to read things before you sign on the dotted line.

• Services
    1. Survival Servers will use reasonable efforts to supply a continuous Service to the Customer. Within these reasonable efforts, Survival Servers is not to be held responsible for Service outage, down time, hardware failure, data loss, missed or non-deliveries, service interruptions, or errors and omissions by the Customer. Survival Servers is not responsible for any losses suffered resulting from acts of god or force majeure including civil unrest, riots, floods, drought, fire, war and imposing legislation.
    2. You agree that Survival Servers is not liable for any damages which You may suffer as a result of loss of business, contracts, profits, savings or otherwise. Survival Servers is unable to exercise control over content sent or received via the Internet and is not to be held liable for the publication by the Customer of inaccurate, misleading, offensive, threatening or obscene, hateful, or material that is in breach of United States or Customer country law.
    3. The Customer is liable for all charges applied by their telephone, cell phone, or land line provider arising from the Customer's use of Services.
    4. Maintenance by Survival Servers or any of its contractors or sub-contractors may be carried out with little or no advanced warning to the Customer. Survival Servers will make best efforts to notify all affected Customers of the maintenance and excludes responsibility in the event that prior notice is not reasonable or possible.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the survivalservers twitter post saying they will give refunds for conan servers then.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/828410224637730817

I wouldn't. But I have years of corporate sales under my belt. You don't pick up a crying baby... (See Steam philosophy, a multi billion dollar company)

Besides, they can keep the $.97 per day they are charging me.

Unlike some people, not everyone has money to throw around. People from my Ark community wanted to play Conan, so they donated to pay for the server, that we can't even use. It's not just me who wants the money back, the people we play with do, so we can get a working server.

Would be fair enough if you got quick responses but you don't 12-24 hours isn't good. I get 15 minute replies for issues with my Ark host.

Steam does offer refund on a basis you haven't played over 4 hours and can give them a genuine reason or why you don't like the game...

Steam offers refunds, what is their philosophy? 

Have you played Dota2? Literally tens thousands of rage posts from reports to region locks to calls for boycott. Steam held strong and basically told the community this is what we have, take it or leave it. I'm not saying take that approach, but this rage-fest that people are having is getting ridiculous. If the $.97 a day is a problem for some people, then might I suggest you quit gaming and get a job that affords you the luxury of owning a game server. I paid the 6 months without a second thought. 

Some of the basement dwelling neckbearded posts are laughable. People have no clue what it takes to run a company like survivalservers especially when the game creator is constantly tweaking performance issues that have a direct effects on your hardware. I'm sorry, I have little sympathy for some of the vitriol and first world problems the instant gratification crowd is showing... maybe it's my old age, but I remember playing muds on computers than ran 166kHz. (Yeah! Kilo-hertz) I remember the only way to run a server was through ftp commands, now you guys have gui menus to point and click your way through.

Can we get some kind of update/ETA? I understand that there are problems and you guys are working on it. But better communication with customers can make all the difference in these situations. Our server went down last night hours before the patch was released (which you site as the cause on twitter). Being open and forthcoming with customers can go a long way, even if the news isn't ideal. Even updates like "it's still down, we are working on it, no eta" are better than hours of silence and no response at all.

Some of the basement dwelling neckbearded posts are laughable. People have no clue what it takes to run a company like survivalservers especially when the game creator is constantly tweaking performance issues that have a direct effects on your hardware. I'm sorry, I have little sympathy for some of the vitriol and first world problems the instant gratification crowd is showing... maybe it's my old age, but I remember playing muds on computers than ran 166kHz. (Yeah! Kilo-hertz) I remember the only way to run a server was through ftp commands, now you guys have gui menus to point and click your way through.

Cool story grandpa, but the war is over and it's 2017. And stable server hosting is part of the basics nowadays.

I spent most of Friday finding work arounds for SS problems. I got my server up and running. I made a copy of it and put it on a spare server (low end dell) I copied the entire thing over. I have not had a single issue with it all weekend and it is still up and running.

I have since copied my stuff over to another provider this morning and there has not been a single reported issue from my users as of yet.

Can you tell me what files I need to grab from my SS? I think I can still get in via FTP. I am looking at moving to another server provider. I understand they have issues and I am sympathetic to that, but the customer service and communication is something they have absolute control over and are just failing at it.

Have you played Dota2? Literally tens thousands of rage posts from reports to region locks to calls for boycott. Steam held strong and basically told the community this is what we have, take it or leave it. I'm not saying take that approach, but this rage-fest that people are having is getting ridiculous. If the $.97 a day is a problem for some people, then might I suggest you quit gaming and get a job that affords you the luxury of owning a game server. I paid the 6 months without a second thought. 

basement dwelling, neckbeards? I am so happy we have such an expert in human behavior and an individual whom is so astout in running server companies to belittle all those who have no idea why, or how long their servers are going to be down. I am so happy that he is here to remind everyone that this company does not care about your communities that like to play on the servers you rented from this company. I am so glad this brilliant example of a human being is here to remind us all of how awesome, intelligent, and above us he is. Now if he could contribute to the question at hand instead of taunting everyone and their communities who are just expressing their displeasure on how the lack of communication regarding the servers they rented like..ohh i dont know how long they will be down, why are they down.

But please Piso please explain to me how you are so qualified again to berate others on the forum, please again talk about your job and how you paid 6 months in advance I enjoyed that very much sir.

could you also let me know how long my server will be down? or why it is down? hey if money means nothing to you why dont you just pay me the 3 months i paid in advance, after all its not as much as your six months it must be chump change to you.

Can you tell me what files I need to grab from my SS? I think I can still get in via FTP. I am looking at moving to another server provider. I understand they have issues and I am sympathetic to that, but the customer service and communication is something they have absolute control over and are just failing at it.

Yeah Hell my has been down most of the day. and I am logged into the FTP right now. Goes to show me that the VM is still up and going. 

Any who.... grab this folder one /ConanSandbox/Saved

The main thing you want is the game.db (world database and characters file.) with all the backups it has made

In that folder is also the /ConanSandbox/Saved/Config/WindowsServer folder it has your ServerSettings.ini and the Engine.ini Those are your server settings. 

Easiest to grab the whole /saved and when you get a new server that will boot and let you in fine.... 

Stop the new server

FTP in

Copy the default /saved folder (just incase) 

Delete /saved

upload your populated save folder from your old server. 

"Just because you have a "contract" does not make it legal and binding. " 

Never have I seen dumber words typed than this. lol

basement dwelling, neckbeards? I am so happy we have such an expert in human behavior and an individual whom is so astout in running server companies to belittle all those who have no idea why, or how long their servers are going to be down. I am so happy that he is here to remind everyone that this company does not care about your communities that like to play on the servers you rented from this company. I am so glad this brilliant example of a human being is here to remind us all of how awesome, intelligent, and above us he is. Now if he could contribute to the question at hand instead of taunting everyone and their communities who are just expressing their displeasure on how the lack of communication regarding the servers they rented like..ohh i dont know how long they will be down, why are they down.

But please Piso please explain to me how you are so qualified again to berate others on the forum, please again talk about your job and how you paid 6 months in advance I enjoyed that very much sir.

could you also let me know how long my server will be down? or why it is down? hey if money means nothing to you why dont you just pay me the 3 months i paid in advance, after all its not as much as your six months it must be chump change to you.

I'm not qualified to "berate" others, but I am uniquely qualified to provide a modicum of priorities given my almost 5 decades upon this planet. Again I feel no empathy for the instant gratification crowd crying about their temporary loss of escapism.

I'm not qualified to "berate" others, but I am uniquely qualified to provide a modicum of priorities given my almost 5 decades upon this planet. Again I feel no empathy for the instant gratification crowd crying about their temporary loss of escapism.

You are not adding anything here other than arrogance. Please post something helpful if you are going to post or go away. I guarantee you others here have plenty of experience in the industry as well. You are not uniquely qualified, you are just a pompous a$$

"Just because you have a "contract" does not make it legal and binding. " 

Never have I seen dumber words typed than this. lol

We apparently are very close to the same age as you have. But I will not stoop to calling these people names for being upset. Honestly I think they have a right to be. Some of them are scratching the bottom of the barrel to afford this service and they are not getting it. 

SS is trying to place blame on others. 

Gameservers, NFO, HostHavoc and others are not having these issues. GameServers (hosting the official servers now) took only 42 minutes to answer a ticket I put in as a test to see how quick they would be. I am going on over 30 hours with SS and no reply. I make a modest salary and the cost is not my issue. My issue is with lack of communication and damn near outright lying. I pay for a service and I damn well expect to get it.

I could easily add a line into a terms and conditions that you have to turn over the title to your home at my request. Doesn't make it legal though.

What if I add in the Terms and condition that if you sue me they you are responsible for paying all my legal fees and fines?

Point is I can put what ever I want in a "contract" but that does not mean that it is legal and binding.  

This I know for a fact because I recently had to testify for my company in a lawsuit that awarded over 36 million because the ToS did not preclude the promise of services that have been paid for.