Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Are you guys planning on adding FTP to the control panel so we do not have to use a FTP client? Other server providers have spoiled me.

Those are not config options, they are launch line options (how ARK has it) so they need to be separated according to how the devs are doing things.

There will be a new window called "Advanced Launch Parameters" that these settings will go under. That feature is nearly completed.

Quick question about this. I am struggling with getting the custom launch parameters to work without overwriting my saved data. However digging on the wiki there are already launch line options in the server config tool, namely the cave flyer over ride.

Any chance of getting a similar tool for launch line?

What do you mean?

From Patch notes: 

* Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer platforms (Plant turrets can't be grown on them). Any existing turrets on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of "?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true". Otherwise they're now only allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.

And the damaging number came when the training dummys came out. Ive been trying to find a way to enable them for a while now. It's the floating text of the damage delt. 

FOUND IT!

ShowFloatingDamageText=true

Also these too would be nice. 

* New Server Options

?NonPermanentDiseases=true

This will make Diseases not permanent (you will then lose them if you respawn).

?PreventDiseases=true

This will completely disable Diseases on the server. (thus far just 'Swamp Fever').

Thanks. 

Edit Found the damage text ini edit. 

Any chance that you are adding something in the "Modify Server Config" area so that we can easily...

* Server Note: To allow your Server's Titanosaurs to be permanently tamed (namely allow them to be Fed), launch your server with this commandline option: ?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=true

Thank you for your time.

Hi, on the ARK Modify Server Config tool I see there is a "Save Configuration and Restart Game Server" option as well as a Reset to defaults, would it be possible to have a plain save button. Often I would like to make changes but not push them live until there is also an Ark update, thereby only having one restart as opposed to two?

I can see this tool also performs two functions. Part of it modifies the two ini files, the other adds options to the commandline launch parameters.

I have modified my two ini files manually so the current entries in the tool do not reflect what is in there, is there a way to pull down the current config into the tool or do I have to manually update it to be the same if I want to start using this tool rather than perform manual updates?

Thanks in Advance and much regards!

Crispy

Any chance that you are adding something in the "Modify Server Config" area so that we can easily...

* Server Note: To allow your Server's Titanosaurs to be permanently tamed (namely allow them to be Fed), launch your server with this commandline option: ?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=true

Thank you for your time.

Is there an ETA for this to be added?

This doesn't need to be added to the ARK config tool as it is a custom launch param option.

You can use the custom launch param to add this via the Custom map drop down. Read the little info box next to the Map select on the control panel for detailed information on how to do that.

Great, can we get more detail information about values, like if decrease the value what it will do, if we increase the value higher it will do this on Modify Server Config?

• 2 weeks later...

Could there be something that shows when the server was last stopped instead of only just the last start time?  Or maybe even a log with timestamps of all the server reboots?

Also if these logs could have time zone options for display, or at least specify what time zone they represent.

With all of these booting errors I've been having with this hosting it's especially hard to find working backups when I have no idea when the server stopped.

can we get something so i can change and save settings, but not have to restart the server, I usually end up having to abandon changes until i wake up int he morning to make changes, and usually forget about them just because i don't want to kick 10+ players off for a restart

The Custom Launch Parameters box should expand more to approx the size of the chat box on the forums ie where you reply that way you can actually READ your custom launch parameters without having to copy and paste them somewhere else to make sure you didn't screw them up.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this is already implemented or requested.

Aside from being able to control Start, Stop, Restart. Is it also possible to add a function whereby sub users with limited access can update the servers too? Because in my server, I'm the only one doing the updates and in any case if I'm not around or sleeping like a log during weekends, players won't be able to play if there is a mod update or a major update that causes the server to disappear from the list due to version incompatibility.

Thank you!

I don't know if someone suggested this or not ,but would it be possible to have a system warning prior to a restart? I have run into the problem of flying around not paying attention to the time and the restart come while I am in the air.

Feature that could be pretty nice is having an option to make changes to the server configuration, ini files, or anything really that's accessible from the website go into effect on the Ark server reboot. 

Example, I make a change to the custom launch such as adding in ?AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier=1.0.  This is stored and goes into effect once the server reboots.  Before the Ark server reboots it can check/compare the current settings vs any new settings to see if there was a change, if so implement the new change(s).  I've always tried to be as unobtrusive as possible to people playing the game.  A feature like this would allow admins to make a few changes at any time and have them implemented on restarts/reboots.

Just my 2 cents, thanks!