Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

I think adding a cpu usage and ram usage meter to the control panel would be an awesome feature  have seen this in other server companies control panels and i have loved that feature

I'd like to suggest that a button be added to the main control panel page that allows the admin to do a manual world save directly from the control panel, without the need to stop/restart the world or be in game or using arkon.

Can we get an option to update the configuration on next reboot instead of restarting immediately?  Unless I am missing something, that option is not available.  There are times when I would like to change settings while people are currently playing but not kick them off for an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we had the auto restart checkbox thing happen, I'd like to suggest you add more options to that setting.  I wouldnt mind being able to have my server auto restart every few days since ark does seem to have issues when its been running for a while (hopefully fixed this last patch, but who knows).  Currently the longest is 24 hours and thats just a bit to often, especially since my user base has a really really wide range of play hours.  It would be nice to have like a once a week and every 3 days sort of choice.

I'd also like to suggest (again) that if any changes are being made that will cause our servers to stop or restart in any way, without our knowledge ahead of time that you notify us via a forum post, or email, or even a news section post. :D   

• 2 weeks later...

I admittedly did not read every single entry so this could be a duplicate idea...

Can we get a "save settings for next automatic restart" option? Currently the only way to change settings / add mods is to restart right now. If I have a few users online this means they will be forced offline for 20-60 minutes while mods install or changes are made. Let's say I just want to add a few levels with engrams in anticipation of an update... It would be much more convenient to be able to save my changes and let the server reboot on its normal schedule i.e. every 24 hours or whatever. 

A feature that I think would be pretty cool is when a ARK or a Mod is updated in Steam you could have a checkbox to automatically update the server on this event.  You could poll every hour or so for updates to minimize the number of queries ect.  This would definitely make the system/server a little more automated.  Or better yet since there is a system in place to automatically restart the server on certain hour intervals have it check first to see if there is any updates out there.  If not don't restart and continue on as normal.

I think a button on the main page of the Ark server control panel to wipe of the server data would be really nice. Idk if it's possible, but if it is, it would be awesome.

Also, maybe a button under or next to that one that runs the kill wild dino command, if that is possible, would also be awesome.

Both of these may be something Studio WIld Card needs to implement somehow first, I know the kill wild dino command causes my server to crash and revert back to the last backup for some reason, but hopefully these can be implemented at some point.

Can you please increase the size of the custom launch parameters box?  Or make it so it can resize left to right as well as top to bottom.  With how the command line has to all be one big line, it makes it a real pain to be sure you didnt accidentally whitespace it somewhere or otherwise fubar a typing or paste job into it.  In my browser it lets me resize it top to bottom but really the left to right would be far more beneficial.

Be able to edit the GameUserSettings.ini and the Game.ini files from the control panel and not only see them.

Definitely! We're working on a major revamp of the ARK Modify Server Config tool which will include the ability to add in custom chunks to both files so that you can add in mod related config.

I am using chrome, Both in the office and at home and it only lets me drag the height larger and smaller, the width is locked.

Copy paste it into a notepad or notepad++ - that's what I do. It's possible to make it wider, I'll look into something like that. In general, we're moving to get rid of the custom launch params completely in replace of toggles on the control panel. More to come soon =)

Hey guys -- just wanted to second the motion for a feature to choose what time the server restarts.   Restarting at 9pm in the evening when you're playing with all your friends is butts.   =P 

I would love to be able to have a button on the main control tab page and in the Modify Server Config page where it would allow me to save the settings and not restart the server right away, so that next time I restart the server sets the settings. 

To be able to set what time the server should restart. Right now we cannot input what time it should restart.

What about any way to show at what time a Backup was created? Right now it only shows the date.

To be able to set what time the server should restart. Right now we cannot input what time it should restart.

What about any way to show at what time a Backup was created? Right now it only shows the date.

First one is already requested.

Second one - what do you mean? It does show the time as well right there in the backup name. It's off PST time.

The new variables have been documented and should be added to the custom launch parameters.

If you are on The Island, The Center, or Valhalla you will need to switch to Custom map and then set the settings on the custom launch param.

You can read more by clicking the info box next to the Custom Launch Parameters:

2016-06-02_21h27_52.png

The new variables have been documented and should be added to the custom launch parameters.

If you are on The Island, The Center, or Valhalla you will need to switch to Custom map and then set the settings on the custom launch param.

You can read more by clicking the info box next to the Custom Launch Parameters:

2016-06-02_21h27_52.png

Any chance of getting the new custom variables added to the modify server configuration menu instead? custom launch parameters is a bit of a headache especially when dealing with mods as well.

Those are not config options, they are launch line options (how ARK has it) so they need to be separated according to how the devs are doing things.

There will be a new window called "Advanced Launch Parameters" that these settings will go under. That feature is nearly completed.

Something I have noticed happening for me on both of my servers:

I am going in and adding the line to game.ini file to not have Gigants spawn using FTP, saving and overwriting the file.  I then start the server back up, and all is well and it persists through restarts and regular updates, etc..  If later, I go in through your control panel and make a change on some setting or another, it rewrites the ini file, saving ONLY those settings that are in the control panel.  I have to then, stop the server again, go in with FTP and re-add the line, save it, restart it and go on.  (same goes for some changes I made to the gameusersettings.ini as well).

This isn't a crisis by any means, just annoying to have to update, wait for restart/load, stop, FTP, restart, wait for load, every time I make a change.   I just wanted to let you know.  Thanks!

Ealine

Do we have an ETA on the implementation for allowing us to change the materials and amounts for different recipes?

I do not have an ETA.

Something I have noticed happening for me on both of my servers:

I am going in and adding the line to game.ini file to not have Gigants spawn using FTP, saving and overwriting the file.  I then start the server back up, and all is well and it persists through restarts and regular updates, etc..  If later, I go in through your control panel and make a change on some setting or another, it rewrites the ini file, saving ONLY those settings that are in the control panel.  I have to then, stop the server again, go in with FTP and re-add the line, save it, restart it and go on.  (same goes for some changes I made to the gameusersettings.ini as well).

This isn't a crisis by any means, just annoying to have to update, wait for restart/load, stop, FTP, restart, wait for load, every time I make a change.   I just wanted to let you know.  Thanks!

Ealine

This is how the ARK Modify Server Config tool works.

2016-06-05_11h17_46.png