Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

so, when you manually upload a Game.ini or GameUserSettings.ini file with custom bits, to say, enable or disable modded engrams or configure mod options, when you then use the control panels modify server config, it overwrites the entire file, removing all the manually added lines. I'm no coding expert, nor anything close. But in my overactive imagination, i like to think that there is a way to copy the current contents of a ini file, then add/overwrite only the relevant lines, then re-upload the file. And on that note, i would like to touch on the feature of a button to save while the server is still up, instead of having to force a restart right then and there, and yes, i'm well aware this has been requested. just more nonsense from my imagination, but wouldn't it be possible to make it save a sort of temp file that would then automatically get uploaded the next time the server restarts?

• 3 weeks later...

This is a rather popular feature request (custom restart schedule) - I am thinking of a good implementation method for this and am going to make it a higher priority.

We're nearing up on restart schedules being a feature request for about a year. Is there an ETA?

I've just started on survival servers having previously hosted a few of our clan servers on Nitrado. We haven't been very happy with the stability there and things seem like they may be better on survival servers. We really need this feature to be able to move over however, we keep having restarts while taming and I don't want to get up in the middle of the night to force a restart.

Thanks for your help!

Both of those are intended to be custom launch params and not config variables for the .ini files.

I added those 2 lines to the .ini file and they work, which is why I was wondering.

I hereby request the ability to import player/dino level custom info to the config tool.

Currently the only way to enter custom level data is by individual textboxs in a huge form. I propose a button that will import some format (csv would be simplest, or some other custom format) that would then generate the custom code in our Game.ini.

If we choose to manually edit via FTP, then we are barred from ever using the config tool again, as it automatically overwrites all manual changes via FTP if you choose to save. This process seems like it could be improved...

The function would need to be able to handle an open file dialog, read a csv file, and write to the .ini file which shouldn't be a problem.

The function would read a chunk of data (i.e if it was csv, something like (x,y,z) where x = level, y = exp needed and z= engrams awarded), then open Game.ini, insert the generated code, and save.

Let me know if you need more info!

Thanks,

das

Can we please get a reset to default for individual items on the server config sheet. I started changing in the xp required and engrams gained for player level ups, and long story short its completely rekt.

Also a feature that will give default xp and engrams for adding levels. I want to make my server max level at 250 and this seems like so much work.

And last but not least a way to store admins based on steam ID's. So I'm not giving out passwords.

First, I really appreciate the job you've done on the configuration tools.

There are options and parameters that can be set in .ini files that are not available in the tools (i.e..ShowFloatingDamageText). Instead of you guys having to worry about whether you've added this option or that parameter, I would like to request two relevant features:

1. Provide import/upload and parsing of config files into the config tool (adding player/dino levels is tedious)

2. As I saw mentioned previously in this forum, the config tool should only modify the corresponding parameters leaving the rest untouched. Update vs.Overwrite. Could even have overwrite & update as options. Either way, any missing option(s) in the configuration tools would not be a deal breaker. An admin could just add them manually with no worries of losing his/her changes.The config tools are awesome, but shouldn't be mutually exclusive to ftp. ThanX for your consideration

Hello,

Official server difficulty is now 5.0, do you plan on making the difficulty offset when set to 1 be equal to the difficulty value of 5.0?

Granted we can always do an override command to fix this but for those of us who want to run things very close to official with little hassle making the difficulty offset when set to 1 be equal to official difficulty would be a great thing. This is also the reason I chose Survival Servers over all the other options out there, easy setup, easy management without losing the advanced controls that I get into.

Thanks,

Heru

We're nearing up on restart schedules being a feature request for about a year. Is there an ETA?

I've just started on survival servers having previously hosted a few of our clan servers on Nitrado. We haven't been very happy with the stability there and things seem like they may be better on survival servers. We really need this feature to be able to move over however, we keep having restarts while taming and I don't want to get up in the middle of the night to force a restart.

Thanks for your help!

I agree with this greatly. I hate having to manage my own restarts and choosing never in the config because my entire group plays literally at the default restart time. This is very frustrating. I'm curious on the complications as to why this has been delayed for so long. 

• 2 weeks later...

The new custom parameter settings for main server and cluster server are great. But they have caused a few problems.

Firstly, the cluster server has its own Whitelist option now, and it actually seems to obey that. Once this new option window dropped I had random people joining my cluster server.

The second is the config saving in these custom windows. Each window, for each server, needs to be adjusted and then hit save and restart inside said window. This means a server restart for changing anything on either server, and you HAVE to do each server separately.

Would it be possible to change up the entire control panel page so that you could set every setting the way you like, whether it be on the main page, under the Modify Server Config button, or under the Advanced Launch Params buttons, and then simply hit Save Settings and Restart Server at the bottom on the main page, and have it register and save from ALL input fields?

Ryan, if we rented the slots, would we have access to try and set this up ourselves? My users are really wanting to be able to travel through all of the clusters in place of backing up one of the clusters. Any chance you would consider letting us do it as a trial for you guys?

Any idea on ETA for this feature?

No, sorry, it's more complex than that. Requires lots of backend work. It is on the radar just not the highest priority addition right now.

You can order game servers and set them to whitelist/password protect and enable transfer of dinos with No Transfer From Filtering (advanced launch param) unchecked. That way you can transfer the same way between worlds with unlimited game servers. There would not be a way to limit it to those game servers though, so outside data would be able to be uploaded (which is where the whitelisting/passwording could come in handy)

Some way to switch maps but keep our progress saved on other maps without having to download and upload the saved folder via ftp. Maybe some type of toggle to select the saved folder we want to use or link it to the map selection drop down so it automatically loads the correct folder on startup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ryan,

How about giving us the default values for everything in the descriptions for each setting?  I think it would be helpful when resetting a server to understand the default values for each setting.

I'm thinking specifically about dino damage, resistance, adds when putting points in etc.  But also experience would be helpful for those of us changing the custom engram numbers and lvls.

Just a thought.

Thanks!