Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Is there a way to change the spoilage time in storage only? That way I can still have my spoiled meat without worrying too much on the rest of the items.

I don't think there's a way to modify this multiplier just yet in the actual game, so we would not be able to add this as a server config modification value.

Need a complete reinstall option. So that you don't have to cycle from one location to another and back again, thusly losing your IP. Just a -complete- wipe of the game, steamcmd downloads and such and reinstall. Just had a issue that I made a ticket about, sadly downtime was too long waiting for reply so had to cycle locations, woulda been much faster and easier to have a reinstall option.

Could we get a way to archive the world save so we can quickly save backups to a remote location? would also be nice to have a way to upload an archived file and have it unpacked on the server.

Yes I am going to add the ability to update for Limited Access users soon.

Just wanted to give an update to this. Not sure why I haven't tested this before but there is a workaround until Ryan is able to fully implement this feature. On your main control panel make sure you have "Ark Update (Automatic)" set to "Enable". If your sub-user needs to update the server, he/she can simply log on to their sub-user control panel with limited access and click the "restart" button. This triggers the server to restart and check for updates. If any updates are available, it will apply them during the restart.

Just tested this out and it works like a charm. Hope this helps everyone out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would love to be able to also modify tamed dino stats. I want to reduce tamed dino damage and resistance against wild dinos so they aren't as overpowered, but i also don't want to make wild dinos one shot human players. Important for cave balance.

TamedDinoResistanceMultiplier

TamedDinoDamageMultiplier

and TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers

Thanks!

Would love to be able to also modify tamed dino stats. I want to reduce tamed dino damage and resistance against wild dinos so they aren't as overpowered, but i also don't want to make wild dinos one shot human players. Important for cave balance.

TamedDinoResistanceMultiplier

TamedDinoDamageMultiplier

and TamedDinoClassResistanceMultipliers

Thanks!

This is coming soon. A couple new games popped up and occupied a lot my programming time. They will be added in time.

This is coming soon. A couple new games popped up and occupied a lot my programming time. They will be added in time.

Awesome! that's great to hear. Thanks! And I have another one, it's not that important though. is there any way to modify spoilage time per item or item group? or is that just not in the .ini files.

• 2 weeks later...
Would like access to these latest options.
* INI Options for server admins to scale tamed dino stats:
Values we currently have defaulted, in content which server admins can override in their INI's (setting all the values to 1 will have it behave 'like it used to be'!):
WindowsServer\Game.ini
(or LinuxServer)
[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
;0: Health
;8: Damage
;Multiplier immediately added for tamed dino
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[0] = 0.15
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Add[8] = 0.15

;Multiplier applied if perfect affinity
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[0] = 0.375
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed_Affinity[8] = 0.375

;Multiplier applied for each TAMED level-up point
PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[0] = 0.15

PerLevelStatsMultiplier_DinoTamed[8] = 0.15

I've noticed what is possibly an issue with the control panel related to the new balance changes.

The settings under Per Level Stat Multipliers, which show 1.0 by default, are being inserted into game.ini and are overriding the actual new default settings for tamed health/melee.

Or something like that? I'm not sure exactly, but neither 1.0 or 0 are resulting in the intended default settings, and I'm not sure what they should set at as it seems they have been changed again since the numbers noted above (0.15).

Hope this is helpful, cheers.

It would be if you clicked Save Configuration & Restart server from within the ARK Modify Server Config tool.

Anyways, I have added the new Tamed Dino multipliers to the Per Level section within the ARK Modify Server Config tool.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/685969446775570432

It would be if you clicked Save Configuration & Restart server from within the ARK Modify Server Config tool.

Anyways, I have added the new Tamed Dino multipliers to the Per Level section within the ARK Modify Server Config tool.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers/status/685969446775570432

OK.  I saw what you have done.  Thanks.  Let me just confirm: these new values align with the current "rebalancing" as on official server?  If so, how can I adjust these values to negate the "rebalancing" of tamed dino health and melee on my server using just the configuration tool?

Would the ability to control the spawn rate of Alpha Predators be possible?  I've read it can be done in the ini files but it would be awesome to be able to do it through the control panel.

Thanks!

Would the ability to control the spawn rate of Alpha Predators be possible?  I've read it can be done in the ini files but it would be awesome to be able to do it through the control panel.

Thanks!

This feature is coming soon to the ARK control panel. If you would like to ban them now, you can simply manually modify the Game.ini file at the bottom:

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaCarno_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRaptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="MegaRex_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

To modify the Game.ini file follow these steps:

1. Stop server from control panel
  2. Login to your server via FTP
  3. Navigate to \Shootergame\Saved\WindowsServer\
  4. Right-click Game.ini -> Edit
  5. Make the changes as listed above
  6. Save
  7. Start server from control panel
  8. Alpha dinos are now disabled

guess its a new feature? could of moved my thread. timed restarts instead of say 24h later restarts. ex restart server 11am every day. with auto update on this would allow us to catch updates as they roll out without having to wake up and hit refresh on the steam page first thing in the morning....

• 2 weeks later...

1) As a new user I found the design of the Control Panel page confusing. First, there is a form on the page with a call to action to Update Settings and Restart Server which is understandable. However, then you have a field called Tools which opens a modal for modifying the server configuration. In this modal, it has its own form with submit buttons. From my experience the buttons from these two forms submit two different datasets. They do not update each other. For example, if I make changes in the Control Panel form, then click Modify Server Config and submit through the modal form. Only the Server Config is updated. I believe these forms should be separated so its clearer to the end user.

2) I also find the way player and dino levels are added to be cumbersome. For example, am I really going to go through and click add level and enter the XP required and Engrams Received for 700 levels? I'd like to see an option for automation. For example two input fields, one for max level and another where I can enter a formula (where the letter L represents the current level) that you iterate through when submitted. For example, I can enter 350 for the max level (iterations) and the formula 25 * L * L - 25 * L. This input could also have a dropdown with predefined formulas to help customers.

3) I believe you store the Modify Server Config modal's field values in a database and it's unrelated to the INI file because when I edited the INI file via FTP the changes were not reflected in the modal. I believe they should be. I found this highly confusing. Your modal is nice for the explanations but I ended up using FTP to edit the levels (issue #2) because I wasn't going to waste my time inputting 350 levels worth of data when I can automate it with a script. I'd like to see the INI values in the modal.

4) I also would like the status to update dynamically. When I hit restart it says please wait with a loading icon. When the page eventually reloads the Server Details say it's "Loading..." and I have to randomly press refresh to eventually see "Ready!". This should be checked with an AJAX call at increasing intervals until it's either ready or an error has occurred.

I appreciate your input.

3) I believe you store the Modify Server Config modal's field values in a database and it's unrelated to the INI file because when I edited the INI file via FTP the changes were not reflected in the modal. I believe they should be. I found this highly confusing. Your modal is nice for the explanations but I ended up using FTP to edit the levels (issue #2) because I wasn't going to waste my time inputting 350 levels worth of data when I can automate it with a script. I'd like to see the INI values in the modal.

This is basically too complex to implement. I don't think the time expense for this is worth the benefit.

The process is modify config settings from the tool -> modify .ini manually with any other changes you'd like to make.

I agree that the tool needs additional upgrades and those are in the works. End goal is to make it the best config tool out there (better than any desktop variants or Nitrado's implementation) with the ability to easily add new rows to the Dino/Player levels without having to manually do it. It will take some time, as I can tell you are a developer as well, and will get better with time as a lot of others have been requesting something like this too.

Bronto's sometime lag the server so maybe options to disable some dino's of your own choice?

For example if you want to disable Alpha dino's you can just select it in a Window like the, adding levels etc.