Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim+ Plus


J Louis
 Share

Recommended Posts

As this modifies dlls in game we need to do a security audit before allowing this mod. FTP does not provide access to uploading DLLs at this time. We would be adding this addition as an official supported mod install in the future if it is requested enough and safe.

This also appears to be Linux only at this time?

EDIT: We've released Valheim+ support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to be able to apply this as well, specifically for the feature that allows increasing the maximum players allowed on a server at a time, if possible.  I've had to hold off on letting people join due to the limit of 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kevin Phillips said:

Actually, I just found out, this is a Windows Server, not Linux. The Windows version of this mod DOES work here. Awesome

 

Ryan answered this for anyone looking at wanting to add this.  There are going to be DLLs that will need to be added and this cant be done at this time.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, Ryan Pennington said:

As this modifies dlls in game we need to do a security audit before allowing this mod. FTP does not provide access to uploading DLLs at this time. We would be adding this addition as an official supported mod install in the future if it is requested enough and safe.

This also appears to be Linux only at this time?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kevin Phillips said:

I saw that answer by Ryan, and what I was saying is I've uploaded the mod to my server and the DLLs upload fine now, so I guess the permission was added.

Would you mind writing a short guide on how to to do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The newest ValheimPlus mod version 8 is located at https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/4

I downloaded the Windows Server version and extracted all files to the root folder in FTP.

I go into th Valheim Plus .cfg file located in the BepInex file and enabled whatever settings I wanted. Saved and Restarted the server

The main thing is, you must also download the Client side and each player must also have it. So, once all my settings were good, I turned all those files into a zip file and shared it in my Discord and tell all players to extract it in their folder and that is it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kevin Phillips said:

The newest ValheimPlus mod version 8 is located at https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/4

I downloaded the Windows Server version and extracted all files to the root folder in FTP.

I go into th Valheim Plus .cfg file located in the BepInex file and enabled whatever settings I wanted. Saved and Restarted the server

The main thing is, you must also download the Client side and each player must also have it. So, once all my settings were good, I turned all those files into a zip file and shared it in my Discord and tell all players to extract it in their folder and that is it.

 

I tried to do the same but some DLL files fails to transfer and now the mod does not work properly. 

Any idea what might cause this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will not be able to host Valheim Plus until we officially support it.. that's a big IF we support it. It's extremely unstable and risky to allow customers to modify core files on a new game like this. We'll see what the direction of the community is over the next couple weeks but for now I would recommend running a VPS or dedicated server if you want to manipulate the game. I'd much rather integrate a modding platform like Umod or something that doesn't require a client side patch as well. So we're still at a wait and see here - sorry to disappoint but we have to be very careful.

 

EDIT: Apparently you can upload Valheim Plus as instructed in this thread. Please be aware this is VERY unofficial and subject to change. We still do not recommend installing it at this time.

EDIT2: We've released Valheim+ support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ryan Pennington said:

You will not be able to host Valheim Plus until we officially support it.. that's a big IF we support it. It's extremely unstable and risky to allow customers to modify core files on a new game like this. We'll see what the direction of the community is over the next couple weeks but for now I would recommend running a VPS or dedicated server if you want to manipulate the game. I'd much rather integrate a modding platform like Umod or something that doesn't require a client side patch as well. So we're still at a wait and see here - sorry to disappoint but we have to be very careful.

Except we can.  I'm currently using VH+ along with a collection of mods on my server without issue.

  

On 2/20/2021 at 9:39 AM, ImMeh said:

I tried to do the same but some DLL files fails to transfer and now the mod does not work properly. 

Any idea what might cause this?


You are probably copying into the wrong spot.  This happened to me the first time I tried to install it.  Are you making sure you're installing the the "Windows Server" version, NOT the "Windows Client" version to your server?

Edited by Sythalin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sythalin said:

Except we can.  I'm currently using VH+ along with a collection of mods on my server without issue.

  


You are probably copying into the wrong spot.  This happened to me the first time I tried to install it.  Are you making sure you're installing the the "Windows Server" version, NOT the "Windows Client" version to your server?

Yep i've been using version of the mod. I tried to setup my own dedicated server and did the same process when copying the files and it worked perferctly.

Have you gotten it to work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ImMeh said:

Yep i've been using version of the mod. I tried to setup my own dedicated server and did the same process when copying the files and it worked perferctly.

Have you gotten it to work? 

Like I said before, we're using VH+ and several mods on our SS server.  Had 3 other people with me yesterday and we played all day without issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sythalin said:

Like I said before, we're using VH+ and several mods on our SS server.  Had 3 other people with me yesterday and we played all day without issue.

For your Valheim+ installation -- do you have to run the matching configuration files/mod files both server side as well as client side?

 

It's definitely frustrating that there's an alleged lack of mod support yet people are having no issues running multiple mods. Only priority we really want is the ability to adjust the day and night length, but we are unsure if there's support from the one available mod we see on Nexus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, simplestaple said:

For your Valheim+ installation -- do you have to run the matching configuration files/mod files both server side as well as client side?

 

It's definitely frustrating that there's an alleged lack of mod support yet people are having no issues running multiple mods. Only priority we really want is the ability to adjust the day and night length, but we are unsure if there's support from the one available mod we see on Nexus.

Yes, server should have "Windows Server" installed and any connecting player needs to have "Windows Client" installed.

If you have the following set in valheim_plus.cfg
 

[Server]
enabled=true

enforceConfiguration=true
; enforce every user trying to join your game or server to have the same mod configuration.
; NOTE: if people want to join your server with a custom configuration, they need to set this setting to false as well as the server.

enforceMod=true
; enforce every user to atleast have the mod installed when connecting to the server
; turn this off to remove version restrictions from your client and from your server

It's as the notes say - everyone must have the same settings on their .cfg file or they cannot connect.  Alternatively, you can set them to "false", but then ppl can join with whatever configurations they want.  What I do is set up the options, then just send the .cfg to my buddies for them to put in their own files.

For ExtendedDaytime (I'm assuming this is the one you're looking at), it looks like it used to have a night adjustment, but it was causing issues so it was removed.  However, the day timer is still there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sythalin said:

Yes, server should have "Windows Server" installed and any connecting player needs to have "Windows Client" installed.

If you have the following set in valheim_plus.cfg
 

[Server]
enabled=true

enforceConfiguration=true
; enforce every user trying to join your game or server to have the same mod configuration.
; NOTE: if people want to join your server with a custom configuration, they need to set this setting to false as well as the server.

enforceMod=true
; enforce every user to atleast have the mod installed when connecting to the server
; turn this off to remove version restrictions from your client and from your server

It's as the notes say - everyone must have the same settings on their .cfg file or they cannot connect.  Alternatively, you can set them to "false", but then ppl can join with whatever configurations they want.  What I do is set up the options, then just send the .cfg to my buddies for them to put in their own files.

For ExtendedDaytime (I'm assuming this is the one you're looking at), it looks like it used to have a night adjustment, but it was causing issues so it was removed.  However, the day timer is still there.

Awesome, thanks for the full response and guidance! Greatly appreciated.

I've been a Rust administrator on a rather sizeable community for quite a few years now on a dedicated self hosted server. so much easier to manage mods/plugins/etc. Hopefully Valheim's devs integrate easier management and oversight in the near future.

I did see the shadow flickering issues with shadows/lighting. 20 minutes of daylight is an absolute pain in the ass!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share