Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Editing PBO file?

Luke Humphrey

Are we not able to do this? I looked everywhere in the control panel for an option to download it but didn't find one. I'm logged into my server via FTP (WinSCP) but no luck in finding the PBO, i know they are located in the mpmissions folder but I have no way to extract them as a PBO. I've tried editing types.xml and the like inside those folders but my changes never save and reset so I assume PBO files are still being used. If anyone has any links to tutorials that would be helpful. I've managed to find some .pbo's in the addons folder and a few others but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to edit types.xml and init.c etc. without the file overwriting all the changes I make. All the instructions on the internet talk about dayz_server.pbo but it does not exist within my servers directory.

12 hours ago, Luke Humphrey said:

Are we not able to do this? I looked everywhere in the control panel for an option to download it but didn't find one. I'm logged into my server via FTP (WinSCP) but no luck in finding the PBO, i know they are located in the mpmissions folder but I have no way to extract them as a PBO. I've tried editing types.xml and the like inside those folders but my changes never save and reset so I assume PBO files are still being used. If anyone has any links to tutorials that would be helpful. I've managed to find some .pbo's in the addons folder and a few others but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to edit types.xml and init.c etc. without the file overwriting all the changes I make. All the instructions on the internet talk about dayz_server.pbo but it does not exist within my servers directory.

https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

This is where you can get PBO Manager which will alllow you to extract the PBO so you can make changes then you can repack the PBO.  I do not believe the mission files are pboed.  The files you are looking for are in the mpmissions folder.

I ended up figuring it out. A lot of conflicting information online and I was under the impression the mpmission (chernarus,enoch etc.) were all pbo's. Turns out my server was having issues and after a restart the changes I made to the .xml  took hold and everything is working. Luckily I shouldn't have to use the pbo manager but thanks for the help.