#1 ShadowWolfe

ShadowWolfe

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:37 PM

What is the normal time for a restart?

I run dedicated servers at home and restarts take approximately 5 minutes, 10 if I need to run an update.

When I restart my survival server after modifying the ini, it takes approx an hour to restart which really limits how many changes I can make when first setting up and trying to tweak. So if I make s+ Pull range changes in the ini and test it and see I need to modify it again to tweak it, well that’s over two hours and mostly that’s just down time waiting for the server to restart.

I have update if needed selected, which it hasn’t needed... so is about an hour restart time normal?

#2 Cpnick22

Cpnick22

Staff

• Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

It can depend on how many mods you have on the server, if you are not checking off the "Skip Mod Update" and "Skip ARK Update" boxes when restarting the load times will take longer. If there is no need to update the mods or the server, try checking off those boxes as they should increase the loading time!

Staff

#3 ShadowWolfe

ShadowWolfe

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:51 AM

I now have about 5 mods. I’d have to go back and count. First start was with NO mods loaded and still took an hour. Just want to know if this is normal.

#4 Lukien

Lukien

Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

I now have about 5 mods. I’d have to go back and count. First start was with NO mods loaded and still took an hour. Just want to know if this is normal.

There is an option in the Advanced Launch menu that allows you to 'use cache' to speed up load times. We started doing this on my server and noted a significant improvement to load in times.

• ShadowWolfe likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ark, restart, time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users