Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server wiped? ** all corruption/rollback issues here please **

MrGlad8

Hello! Do anyone else have problem with the server being wiped since yesterday?

The last person who played on the server did that a few hours ago.

And today when we tried to login we couldn't - we was just sent back to main menu

So we updated and restarted the server as we always had, and after that everyone who logged in had to recreate character so everything was wiped.

What is this? How can we solve this? 

Is the only solution to restore the latest backup now? 

Appreciate all help !

Yes, this happened to me too, around 1 AM Pacific I made the following changes:

Disabled PVP

Disabled damage to player owned structures

Removed server password

Cleared SteamCMD

When I logged back in and tried to get on our server, our characters and buildings were all gone. I thought I may have caused it with SteamCMD but I didn't think that was the same thing as cleaning the Saved Folder, I just wanted to clear the cache hoping to resolve some of the password issues we were having.

Regardless, I was able to restore my character, and the buildings, and I believe others' characters too? But they are no longer in game world sleeping like they were before the 'wipe/restore' so I can only be hopeful that they were restored as well! I'll find out when they try to log back in.

I'm having the same problem. When I use the option to restart the server and connect to the game once it's up I'm asked to create a new character, as is anyone else who connects.

Is there a specific way to restart the server without losing save progress?

Teejvan

Thank you !

Well.................... Seems that exactly the same thing happened to our server just now AGAIN!

We all played find and smooth the whole day.. the lagg began to increase now later on the day.. and suddenly everyone just lost connection to the server 10 min ago - and upon re-entering the server it seems like the world was about to build up around you seeing a lot of white and parts of the world.......  and then you get thrown back to Main Menu ..

BUT after a server-restart we could get back in again just fine....... - but we all lost connection just when we got back in -

I wonder what the problem is? This must be a problem on Survival Servers side and not the game it self, right?

Ryan, 

There is a post on the Conan discussions about a server database checker tool they have that will help you (the hosting company) determine what files are being corrupted on the database.  I tried to install it but those types of files are banned from the server so I can't upload it via FTP to try and run the tool.  Here is the link for the topic:  https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://cdn.funcom.com/conan_exiles/checkgamedbs.zip

From the size of the log files, there has to be a catastrophic failure going on.  Our text file today is 40 gigs and we're only able to run the server for 2 days before our database completely fails and we have to wipe in order to get the game to even turn on.  According to the devs, somehow this tool is going to help you fix our server issues but honestly, I can't see how that is going to happen if their game code is causing the corruption in the first place.  I don't want to have to wipe my server again.  I just wiped less than 24 hours ago.  Is there anyway you guys could just verify that the database has died again with this tool?  If I have to wipe, I will but if there's a way around it, please let us know.

Thanks

Server #31349

Had an issue with my server not loading up to current. It basically loaded 6 hours before when I logged off last night. Looks like my current backup is at that same spot also. When I log after an extended amount of play should I just stop the server so it automatically saves, because it seems as though it didnt save correctly at all last night..

Anyway I could get those 6 hours of gameplay back on the server?

I feel as if I need to completely wipe and start fresh, but I would like not having to do that as there are other people who play on this server that would not appreciate it.

Looks like same issue as well.  Played until about 11pm CST lastnight no issues, and just trying to log in now, it's asking me to create a new character. Don't know if it is a game issue or host issue.  Tried running the most recent backup, didn't seem to help.  I will go back a bit further, and maybe with some luck we will have just lost a few hours and not our entire progression.

Been on the Conan Exiles steam discussion group (http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/?fp=2) pretty regularly the past week, keeping up with news on glitches and tips and if this was a very common issue, people would have definately been complaining about it there.  I haven't noticed anything in the past 12 hours (10 pages worth) with of discussions on it so it leads me to believe it's a provider issue.

I am also on a few forums from other server providers and I haven't noticed this particular issue pop up as well.  Hoping they get it irons out soon.  Going to have a few annoyed players messaging me soon when they try get on.

Server #32450

*edit*

And the moment I post this and restart my server, there is a conan update coming through on steam.  I'll let you know if the restart or update fixed anything  *fingers crossed*

*2nd edit*

After the patch I tried to join and still had the character creation screen.  tried the 2nd most recent backup and then finally on the 3rd most recent backup, the server seems to be running.  can't notice any progression lost.  so i am again happy.

My server has been crashing all day. Now it's trapped in the launching phase. Additionally the crash made it so that some of our users cannot access the server, instead it says that their character name is bad and they crash. It appears their characters were corrupted. We also had a several hour rollback.

Roll backs are related to the issues we have been having in the last few days.

Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do with data from the last few days. It is related to the troubles we faced with the Conan server.

It should be (fortunately) resolved for future saves. I deeply apologize if anyone lost data.

There are a couple ways you can attempt to recover some (or all) data:

#1 Use the backup restore tool on our control panel

#2 Recover from game_X_backup.db files in FTP. Navigate to your \ConanSandbox\Saved\ folder and replace game_X_backup.db files with your game.db file and see if it contains the data you need. You can check the last modify time for approximate save time (and hopefully retain some data)

Again many apologies for these issues. I am writing up a detailed explanation tomorrow morning about what happened and where we need to improve based on this experience.

• 2 weeks later...