Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Password Invalid but correct...Friends.

Kayoru

Everything started working except that my friends are unable to connect to the server. The server is on the list, i gave them the correct password. They keep telling me that the password is invalid. They can connect to other server but not on mine.

Is there a way to fix this?

I can log in with no issue.

Edit: They can login if there is no password on the server but they still cant login cus they will crash at login unless im in the server which makes no sense at all.

Have them completely log out of steam and restart the client.  This fixed it for all the people on my server and it did so consistently.  

This still doesnt work. They keep crashing when entering the server. 

Thanks for this update! You all rock. I took a nap and wondered what was going wrong, ha ha.

Problem solved for everyone, except this one guy who can't seem to get on anyone's server that is password protected and we don't know why. He seems competent so, we're out of ideas.

Really buggy night, we're on, we're off, can't get back on right now...who  knows, we don't, lol.

Same now. I'm debating removing the password and disabling pvp and destruction of buildings temporarily, just so people can get in game... and calling it a night. But then I wouldn't be able to sleep.  :mrgreen:

I had the same problem with someone from Germany. I had to remove the password using the in-game admin panel, he connected, then I put the password back.

That worked to get him connected for that session.

I know it's not ideal but they were able to play!

Q

Same issue as well. Tried restarting server, switching locations, changing some things server config. All to no avail. Cant find in game list as well. Tried changing password as well no good

Same issue as well. Tried restarting server, switching locations, changing some things server config. All to no avail. Cant find in game list as well. Tried changing password as well no good

Try finding it on your steam server list. Go to Favorite then Add Server. Add your server address...etc.

Yup, as of 23:54pm GMT, still the same issue with broken passwords, just bought a conan server and if you put a password on it, no matter if you typed it in correctly, it will still say its wrong/invalid, but it works fine if its not passworded, had to do the same as Veronica.

We've had this happen several times. We can fix it repeatedly by having the affected person find our server from the in-game server list and enter the password w/ "remember" selected. Even if they don't connect successfully, they can enter from the Steam server list from then on.