Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Lag ** all lag issues go in this thread, thank you!! *

Jer

Game is next to unplayable.  Rubber banding is terrible.  Have had to restart our server at least ten times today just so people can play.

We have tested other providers and are not experiencing near the amount of lag/banding we are on SS.  Maybe an issue with the NY box?

It is definitely not box specific and more server save specific and config settings.

Make sure you are disabling Battleye for now.

We can also diagnose server performance issues as well if you create a support ticket. :)

As time progresses we will have action plans for all types of lag, for now we need to collect data and keep server usage low. None of our hardware is incapable. We are using UE4 optimized hardware.

It isn't constant lag mind you, it's like something that happens every so often. I checked my server for automatic saves but got those disabled for now so that doesn't interfere. I'm also going to tell people connecting to my server to quit using Battleye (doesn't work anyway just like punkbuster).

Are there general issues with the servers? I can't even access the server screen anymore now and the server is rubberbanding/lagging 100% of the time now. Started happening about 25 minutes ago.

my server (10 slots only) was lag-free and run just fine except some minor crashes the last 3 days.

this morning it had the "loading" stuck problem, which was fixed after 2hours. Since then, I have major lag and rubberbanding issues, even with battleye disabled and only 1 person playing. Its really unplayable, and never had this kind of problem b4. The servers Latency in Steam Servers Page is jumping up and down like crazy, even with zero players playing....

GAME SERVER ID #32933

Same as Romm above, we've been playing with very few issues except some expected crashes here and there. Starting today we've had several people logged in (max 10 slot server) and tried it. Everyone is experiencing the same rubberbanding and it's unfortunately making it very hard to enjoy playing.

SERVER ID #33274

My server above 10 people god awful rubber banding... I don't see how this is a Funcom issue... If its a player base issue, you wouldn't experience rubber banding you'd experience slow downs, lock ups, crashes. Not flying all over the map.

GAME SERVER ID #33124

Also began experiencing this massive amount of rubber banding starting this morning, so far the game server up until this morning has worked flawlessly while we had it at 20 slots. It took a sudden 180 turn this morning after we upgraded to 40 slot, albeit the max on today hasn't been above 10.

We have all been experiencing rubber banding and "you have been disconnected" messages popping up continuously. I have disabled BattlEye and asked some of my regulars to start without it, and while it seems to help a little bit, there is still very consistent lag, rubber bands and disconnection pop ups.

GAME SERVER ID #34052

Not sure if this is the right place to post about my issues, but here it goes...

Graphics fail to load on my server. I can not even get into game. Some hills and clouds load and that is it. I have been trying and retrying for hours now, and it always stops loading.  I can get into Solo game play just fine, just can not get on my server.

Game Server ID: 33553

Hey my server has 10 people on it and is lagging really bad, people are rubberbanding and dying without any notice. I restarted the server, Most of my users are in NJ which is right next to NY. Anything weird going on over there?

We're having the same issue for the last few days we averaged about 20 people or so, but today its dropped to only my group of friends as the lag is so bad that the server is having to be restarted in order to fix it.  Currently no one is able to harvest or see other players in game without resetting it.

Have had the same issues starting friday morning with endless loading issue. Now the whole weekend it has been lagging pretty bad with rubberbanding and all that shit. Last hours has been super laggy with alot of disconnecting. This has to be some survival servers issues because i watch streamers who dont have these huge lagfests :/

I am playing solo and have terrible spikes and rubber banding and keep being disconnected (can't even imagine how bad it will be with more ppl and buildings)

Server #35078

I am playing solo and have terrible spikes and rubber banding and keep being disconnected (can't even imagine how bad it will be with more ppl and buildings)

Server #35078

Oh wow! This issue was fixed within an hour. Thank you!

GAME SERVER ID #33554

We have seen the same thing over the last 2 days or so.  Server was running pretty much without issue from launch until about 03 Feb 2017.  Now we get constant rubber banding with 2-3 max on a 10 person server.  Additionally, we've been seeing the server dump all connections about ever 6-7 hrs.  Once it dumps connections everyone gets an endless black screen after trying to reconnect.  The only way to solve the black screen is to restart the server.  Once the server restarts we're still back to rubberband fest.  Any ideas anyone?  

Thanks!

Game server #33271

Starting this morning nonstop lag, disconnects, desync issues. Like I can't even play for more than 5 minutes without the server lagging out completely, and I'm alone on the server. Have to keep restarting the server and it goes another 5 minutes tops before it becomes unplayable again. 

Server 33094

Had no problems with lag or loading from launch until this morning...today the lag is really bad.

Ping goes from 29 to 199 and we've been disconnected 4 times in the last hour (8:30 - 9:30a PT).

(I'm on the Seattle servers and live 3 hours away and some of our players are in NJ and we all disconnect at the same time).

GAME SERVER ID #34146 - Having terrible lag, disconnects, rubber-banding etc. today. Have had a few issues the last few days but most were fixed with a restart, however even with multiple restarts the lag issues persist.

EDIT: Now it's nonstop disconnecting people, and the server doesn't want to restart...

Server #33294

Massive lag and packet loss over the last couple of days culminating in being completely down for hours today.  This has resulted in everything from client-side crafting desyncs to rubberbanding completely off of mountains and to our deaths.

Last night I was playing and a few players along with myself noticed some lag. After a restart, it cleared up a bit but then it started again and it was unplayable. I sent in a support ticket this morning and they said it was fixed, and it was for 1-2 hours before starting to lag again. Also, the server can hardly restart and the control panel page is extremely hard to get to.

Game Server ID: 32743

Also, is everyone here on the New York location? I saw a few people saying they were and I am as well, wondering if it actually is just a box issue.

I am a New York server.  Ever since about 5pm EST connecting to the server has been iffy, and then once you are in the game is so laggy that its basically unplayable. I dont know if its something from the patch this afternoon, or something happened with survivalservers.  Maybe both. It was taking forever to just get the server to restart.   

ServerID #