Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Stuck on Loading....Again

manga115

Ticket number - #145711

This is not the first time I have had issues with Survival Servers rental server as often when I go to update my server it will get stuck on Loading. I have been advised to contact support if it takes over 30 mins, this time I left it an hour to be sure.

Now last time it took several restarts and took hours before I got it loaded up. It then generally seems to be rolled back to a point several days ago. I have to then go through the rollback saves and hopefully get one that is not too far back. I have a few mods on there and I take that into consideration for the time it takes to load the server up.

I am new to renting servers so I am sure I may be doing some things wrong so I will explain what I have done:

Server is currently up running ver 229

I then choose Ark Update - Yes, Run update

I then click at the bottom of the control panel Update Settings and Restart Server.

I get the 20 mins wait pop up do not leave this screen.

I wait till that dissapears.

I refresh, its still in loading

I refresh 20 mins later, still in loading and repeat.

This is affecting not only myself but others in joining the server and therefore if I am unable to be confident I have rented a reliable server I may have to choose an alternative but I really do not want to. I like the features of the Control Panel and would very much like to continue to use Survival Servers, I just dont want this hassle for each update.

See attached pic of what it currently looks like.

Hope I can get some help on this quickly please

Loken

post-2875-0-22952800-1451660214_thumb.png

Unfortunately, the nature of the game is issues around updates. That's going to carry with you to any host and especially if you host the server on your own computer.

It's an error message at startup "ark failed to open descriptor file shootergame.uproject"

I am looking into a fix right now.

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for looking into this and fixing it. I understand there will be issues due to it being early access, just frustrating when you want to get on and play.

Happy New Year.

Loken

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for looking into this and fixing it. I understand there will be issues due to it being early access, just frustrating when you want to get on and play.

Happy New Year.

Loken

I understand your frustration on this issue. 230 was a huge update and caused a bit of issues. All the issues it caused have now been fixed and thus far any recent updates seem to be installing faster and smoother. If you happen to run into a bump. Let us know and we will for sure help you fix it.

• 5 years later...