Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Submitting a Ticket

Darkbyte

Hey, fellow Palworld server renters! 

Let's compile all relevant information, including snippets and screenshots, to clearly outline the issues we're facing. Detail the steps you've taken and, if useful, attach logs. Clear communication can streamline the support process, as it seems their team is addressing multiple tickets, including mine. My initial wait was over 24 hours, but responses have since improved. Transparency from the support team would enable us to better manage expectations with our players, especially those affected by server issues.

It's challenging to be patient when facing pressure from players, but crafting detailed and precise tickets can make a difference. Although many of us have already submitted tickets, ensuring they are specific can prevent further delays. I'm staying up, probably needlessly, in anticipation of resolving this. I'm looking forward to the moment I can write a ticket simply to express my thanks. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Best Wishes,
Darkbyte

For me, my issue with FTP seems to come and go but my server also is not restoring a backup I'm waiting for a restore on mine. I got 550 FTP Access issues but I can see all my files even download while shutdown. So I was unable to even upload a backup if I had one but there were times my FTP has worked I am personally at a standstill right now because of my backup situation. 

This link may have some useful information as it's been getting updated.
https://www.survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Create_a_Palworld_Server_Guide

I believe the automated backup restore feature is currently non functional via the server control webpage. There is a bug where the automated manager is creating a restore.zip file in the servers saved folder, however; the restore.zip file is completely empty and does not overwrite the existing files. 

Its a known issue for everyone and we're all hoping for a fix soon.

In the mean time, I've just been creating a manual backup until this issue is fixed.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:11 AM, CasualSloth said:

I believe the automated backup restore feature is currently non functional via the server control webpage. There is a bug where the automated manager is creating a restore.zip file in the servers saved folder, however; the restore.zip file is completely empty and does not overwrite the existing files. 

Its a known issue for everyone and we're all hoping for a fix soon.

In the mean time, I've just been creating a manual backup until this issue is fixed.

I will get this to Ryan so that he can look into it for a fix.

Being truthful, I have been the A hole who has submitted 2 tickets knowing those issues were temporary and would get fixed in little time just felt impatient having a community of players breathing down my back. So this kind of post is great, and could help a lot of people out including staff.

A current issue I am running into, is with the new Palworld update. My server will not update no matter what steps I take/time I wait. Through the control panel I have attempted: Using the server update drop down menu for both update, and update + validate. Waited over an hour for each only to stay stuck on the server updating screen. I tried enabling automatic server updates, waited for over 3 hours only to stay stuck on the server updating screen. Have ran out of options on how to fix this, so I have created a ticket and hopefully will have it fixed and be able to provide an update here on how I fixed this issue if others are suffering the same fate! 

Yep we are working on improving response time right now, we are around 5-12 hours depending on the time of day. That will get better in the coming weeks drastically.

Currently hiring as well to alleviate some of the ticket volume. Most of the issues are resolved though and our FAQ covers 95% of issues for self management of your game server.