Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Just lost a whole day of progress

Me and my friends have our own server.  We just took it down to update and restart it.  When we launched it back up it had reverted to the progress from about 15 hours before, we just lost a whole day of work.  Not sure what to do to get back all our progress.

I was coming to say exactly this, i left for work and my buddy stayed on and gathered resources and levels, I come home and  the server dropped about 15 minutes before i logged in for some reason, I restarted it and logged in, We were back at least 12 hours

Hi guys, a topic was pinned about it here: https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1399-how-to-save-data-before-an-ark-update/

You must force save before any update or restart. Either by ingame commands or by manually copying SavedArks from your ftp to your computer.

Are you fucking kidding, why the hell doesn't this system have an auto save, why were we not emailed about this? so what? if the servers randomly drop like they did yesterday we just lose all that data....

Really sorry, that you are having trouble with your auto save feature.  Ive been testing with friends with my sever to see roll back times and our admincheat saveworld command also does not work, but we did noticed that the server does save every 20mins, which is good.

20min roll back is better that an 8 hour loss.

You have to keep in mind that with a newly developed game like this that there is going to be problems like this and hopefully in the next few months things will start to stabilize.

There is alot of people out there currently making mods\features for the game, everything takes time.  LOTS OF TIME.