Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How to save data before an ARK update

Currently the auto save is around 20 minutes from what I have been hearing. Hopefully they add in a configuration toggle to decrease this somehow. A temporary fix is to do an admin save on your server right before shutting it down for an ARK Update (or for a stop/restart)

Press ` while in game to access the console

enablecheats YOURPASSWORD
setcheatplayer true
cheat saveworld
Hopefully, this helps you guys from losing a little bit of progress before stops/restarts/ark updates.

When I log in and attempt to use the ` key nothing happens. I can bring up console with Tab, but no commands seem to be recognized. I'm wondering, is there a special way to log in as an Admin that maybe I am missing? 

It was changed to Tab, but admin commands don't seem to be working on the majority of hosted servers right now. Guys on Steam said something about removed the admin password lines in the batch file that starts the server, but we don't have access to those as users.

yeah the save command dosn't work for me, I went in did a few things used the command seven times with cheats enabled and everything and it still reverted me back to where i was this time yesterday.

Saveworld has been working on our server. We use it before updating and haven't had issues with rollback. However, that doesn't help at all when the servers keep randomly stopping or restarting. 

Saveworld has been working on our server. We use it before updating and haven't had issues with rollback. However, that doesn't help at all when the servers keep randomly stopping or restarting. 

Make sure you have disabled automated restarts.