Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Estimated time of private servers after release

Well I'll admit...I don't know jack squat about servers and have never hosted a server before. But the streamer Mr. Moon has a server running perfectly and has been for a full day if not longer. So I am just confused. And I can't get on any other server cuz they are all full. I don't have a whole lot of money and I sunk all my gaming budget into this server and game so I'm frustrated. I can't help it. But I'll give it more time I guess.

Moon is a streamer as you said and was given his server 24 hours in advance to help promote the game. Lirik, Cohh and other got it too.

This is a message i got in an email from survival servers:

Our entire team is working late into the night to make sure our customer's game servers are online the exact minute the developers figure out the bugs and fix the issues with the game servers. We will not be sleeping until you have your game server up and running.

Sounds like there was a distro error when the devs sent the servers files to hosts and both parties are working to resolve the issue. I checked with another host I use for RoK and their servers have not come online either so this isnt strictly limited to Survival Servers.

Edit: Im waiting as well too, dont think I have ever hit a refresh button as much as I have tonight but I dont think the host is to blame necessairly. If anyone the devs needed to help the hosts better prepare. From what I understand the devs kept hosts in the dark untill the game went public so they know as much as we did when it launched.

Sent out an e-mail just now. We're finally live! Check out the how-to here:

https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Server_Start_Guide

Im waiting as well too, dont think I have ever hit a refresh button as much as I have tonight but I dont think the host is to blame necessairly. If anyone the devs needed to help the hosts better prepare. From what I understand the devs kept hosts in the dark untill the game went public so they know as much as we did when it launched.

You are right on the money here.

I am still unable to Start the server. It just thinks, then refreshes as "Stopped" still.

I have ran the update twice, just before posting this. Any one else seeing this?

I am still unable to Start the server. It just thinks, then refreshes as "Stopped" still.

I have ran the update twice, just before posting this. Any one else seeing this?

Try switching locations. If you wish to stay in the same location, switch back.

If it still doesn't work, please let me know.

Changed to LA from Dallas (a lot of my friends are on the east coast so Dallas is preferred but I can back up and switch later.

Except now, server status is unknown and the Start button is inactive. (can't click it)

EDIT:

Switched to North Carolina, start button available but does the same thing when clicking Start from Dallas. Just thinks and then goes back to Stopped. Trying New York now I guess...even though i'm in Arizona.

EDIT2:

Nevermind, New York and Seattle aren't available options.

Side note, server branding is still shown on the name even though I paid to have it removed.

EDIT3:

LA and Dallas both show as "Uknown" status now and North Carolina just thinks and returns to "Stopped" status. Not sure what else to do. Thanks for any other help you can offer Ryan, much appreciated!

New York is now available to pick from the list and Dallas is not. In process of switching to New York. Will update when the change is complete.

Sent out an e-mail just now. We're finally live! Check out the how-to here:

https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Server_Start_Guide

You are right on the money here.

I have yet to get any emails from you other then the payment confirmation 24hours ago, happy your making progress but could you please explain why I dont even have a Ark game listed?

I ordered mine earlier today, they are still working on getting things set up. Check out their twitter, I also received an email with more information on this. They are working all night until the servers are online.

Your game server will not appear in the in-game list because it isn't online right now, if that is what you were asking.

In the Control Panel, if you click "Game Servers" you should see a link to the right that has either your game server name listed or the default name...Survival Servers | Hosted by survivalservers.com or something like that. Click on that to get to your server settings. You can change a few things and run the update as described in their tweet and imgr post here

But for now, thats about all we get until the issues are fixed.

Keep up the good work though guys, I'm sure there are a lot of us to take care of.

This link takes me to a blank white page. I have to say I am regretting not going with bluefang. 

I changed my server location to New York (from LA) and did the update as was posted on twitter and I cannot access my FTP and my Control Panel is saying my server is "Status: Unknown"

Did the fact I set it to move to New York screw things over for me?

What about the orders that the control panel doesn't even show up anymore? Sorry but saying everything is up and ready to go is far from the truth....at least for those posting here.

It's not far from the truth, there are a few customers that didn't get automatically set up and we are working on that now.

while i feel for them, you guys said its up and running, well it aint

We're working on the orders who didn't get auto-generated. An update will come soon, I expect after midnight sometime.

Would it make it easier if I cancelled then re-ordered the server, perhaps that would force it to auto setup the server?

The fact that the control panel goes straight to a white screen is probably the most frustrating part. Server branding is still there on the Game Servers section of the control panel. As soon as I click my server, white screen....

I assume if you cancel you'd lose your Pre-Order pricing.

Not sure I am really worried about that at this point ...been a long day! ;)

Main concern it getting the server up so friends from EU can play in the morning.

Same deal here white screen when attempting to go to control panel. Seriously, I would like this fixed please. As soon as possible.