Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not showing up on list

sokanshima

1 hour ago, veeeR said:

I bought a server and its not showing up in my control panel

Got you all fixed up now, server is ready to go!

I bought a server like 2 hours ago and all it is saying that is loading and i have tried restarting the server a few times and keep getting same result

Does anyone else have issue of there server not showing up on the game server list?  i have been trying for the past hour, i have restarted the game many times and also restarted the server, just getting very annoying.

I haven't had any issues yet with this. If it says Ready in the panel and you don't have crazy characters in the hostname it should work! You might have to refresh the server list once or twice and wait 5-10 minutes in between.

There was an update today that tried to fix the server browser. Seems to work better now. Before, it took about 5 mins to find my server... Scrolling trough the (long) list  of servers seemed faster than writing the name in the filter. After the update this seems to work. Even if the server shows as Loading and version number v??? ...

EDIT: Wait for the whole list of servers to show

I play on an EU server (I live in CA) and this just started happening for me with that server. I just now rented a server here to host my local game, so hopefully the issue won't occur for my local friends. But yep, this is my "also happening to me" response.

Can't find my server now either. Worked fine earlier in week , and after update also. But tonight (Sat 6th it's not found on the server list either , no matter how long left loading till all 4800 are there or refreshing.)

I'm having the same problem here. We were playing on my server earlier today. We came back after taking a break and found that the server was stopped. Now, after restarting, updating and restarting, and waiting and refreshing for a half hour the server is still not showing up in the in-game server list (showing a total of 4851 servers).

You all need to try this...

Under, Modify Game Server Settings, change the update server to "Yes, run update" save and restart the server. that should get your server updated and ready to go and listed.

So with Valheim as with any game that runs on steam there are thousands of servers being spun up and running. From what I am able to tell with the little information that has been released the server browser for Valheim is capped at 4920 displayed servers (this is likely coded by the Dev as I doubt he expected the game to become this popular). So what that means is for your server to appear it is literally the luck of the draw that when you query the browser your server gets added into that list. The most reliable method to connect to your server will be to take the IP and Port from your control panel and add it to your steam favorites! Then once in your steam favorites you can click on the connect button (you will then be prompted to enter your password for the server if you have one).

We understand this is not ideal but until the server browser allows for more servers to be displayed this will be the best method to connect!

2 minutes ago, God-Inspired- Games said:

My server is not showing up inn the Community list. It worked last night but not anymore.

Please see my above reply