Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server not showing up on list

sokanshima

before i make a ticket and to be sure im not an idiot the query port is the number after port: right below the IP address in the panel?

2 hours ago, wazzu said:

However it now says the server isn't currently playing on any game server 😕

You might just need to refresh a time or two, but yes the query port is the number displayed right after the IP in the Control panel! You can also click on the little white "i" to see which port is which!

29 minutes ago, sokanshima said:

i cant figure out this add server this i put in the server ip and it just says server is not responding

Does the server have a blue "ready" on the control panel?

Hello. 

Can someone walk me thru on how I would go asbout finding my IP & Port in the control panel.  

And explain what I do with them once I find them please?  Im unfamiilar with the process.

Thank You

Cia

7 minutes ago, Jacob Ingersoll said:

Having the same problem. It has been about 3 hours since I purchased the server and it does not show up. Hope I wasn't just scammed lol.

You weren't scammed my dude.  When the server starts up make sure you have server update selected to "Yes, Run Update". 

Then when it starts make sure that the blue "Ready!" is showing under server details.  If it still says "loading.." try resfreshing the page. 

Copy the IP address and port number (example 131.153.555.55:4157)

In steam go to view on the top left, then go to servers.  Go to favorites then click add server on the bottom right.  Paste the IP and port you copied earlier there.

Open Valheim and go to the character select screen.

Alt tab back out to the favorite servers and click connect to the one you added.

It should put you into your server.

Double check that it has the blue "Ready!" on the control panel page under server details if you can't connect. 

So my friend just bought a server today, but he lives on the other side of the country, will i be able to find his server at all or does the server list have a limited range

1 minute ago, Nyumitoni said:

So my friend just bought a server today, but he lives on the other side of the country, will i be able to find his server at all or does the server list have a limited range

I would suggest getting the IP address and port from him on his server page.  Also don't forget the password.  Do the method I talked about above on how to add favorite servers in steam.  Y'all shouldn't have any problems playing together if you direct connect using favorites.

So for 4 days my server has been showing up just fine and today its no where to be found. Says all is well in the control panel but the game will not show it for us to connect to. 

1 minute ago, Tarrant220 said:

So for 4 days my server has been showing up just fine and today its no where to be found. Says all is well in the control panel but the game will not show it for us to connect to. 

Having the same problem. Only been about 3 hours for me. Not sure what is going on.

28 minutes ago, Lemon Newby said:

You weren't scammed my dude.  When the server starts up make sure you have server update selected to "Yes, Run Update". 

Then when it starts make sure that the blue "Ready!" is showing under server details.  If it still says "loading.." try resfreshing the page. 

Copy the IP address and port number (example 131.153.555.55:4157)

In steam go to view on the top left, then go to servers.  Go to favorites then click add server on the bottom right.  Paste the IP and port you copied earlier there.

Open Valheim and go to the character select screen.

Alt tab back out to the favorite servers and click connect to the one you added.

It should put you into your server.

Double check that it has the blue "Ready!" on the control panel page under server details if you can't connect. 

Did not work unfortunately  

1 minute ago, Tarrant220 said:

Exact same problem. Talking with some others I found on Valheim's steam discussions, seems to be related to survivalservers.

Control panel shows server is 'Ready!' but trying to connect directly through Steam it lists server as not responding.  Have been playing since launch and just started having this issues this afternoon