Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How long does it take for server to start?

Since I'd enjoyed playing ark lately i thought about getting my own server and my first thought was this website since I'd seen it before but I don't know how long it takes you to setup the server since I don't see the server in the Ark server list, Steams nor TopArkServers so I was thinking that it maybe takes awhile for you to set it up?

It should only take but a few minutes for it to fully boot up. If the server has to update it will take a bit longer as it will update the server and its mods. You should see a little tab on the control panel stating "Started" when it is ready to be joined. If you are having issues with this and it does not seem to be starting for a while please submit a ticket and we will go in and take a look over it. :)

Since I'd enjoyed playing ark lately i thought about getting my own server and my first thought was this website since I'd seen it before but I don't know how long it takes you to setup the server since I don't see the server in the Ark server list, Steams nor TopArkServers so I was thinking that it maybe takes awhile for you to set it up?

I bought my server and it was instantly set up and i was able to join it immediately.  What is your server ip and port?

If you can't see the server immediately in-game you can access it with your IP:Port and Steam favorites. Open up steam and in the top left hit View, then servers, go to Favorites, click add a server and then add your IP:Port and add to favorites, the server may not immediately be accessible without a refresh of the servers list, but it will be available through there for sure! You can also just use the launch button on your control panel and that should connect immediately!

Generally, a server that is starting without updating the game's core files or updates will take approximately 5 minutes. If the game files are being updated or validated, a good ETA is 15 minutes before it is ready to go. If mods are also included in the update/validate process, that can be anywhere between 15-20 extra minutes on the startup process, depending upon the number of mods used.