Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Dino level increase.

BlackT

I have seen this now many times and I am having absolutely no damn luck and I am getting aggravated with this. I spent over 2 hours laying out the levels I want for my players and my dinos. SO no, I am not resetting all the settings, again. I have tried the basic "Difficulty Offset" and that did nothing. I also left that at 10, went to the bottom and put in ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10 and no luck at all. I've also gone in through FTP and edited the GameUserSettings.ini to reflect both options previously mentioned and still 150 is max level. Main reason why I am getting frustrated with this is that ASM never gave me this kind of issue. So not sure what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try removing the ? in front of the command in the gameusersettings.ini.  Some of the commands seem to need it, others don't.  It worked for me when I removed the ? placemarker.

I had the same problem, common issue that noone seems to say is you need [serverSettings] typed in the box then you server changes. like so:

[serverSettings]
ShowFloatingDamageText=True
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10.0

If that doesnt fix it then im not sure

Thanks. But my server is still showing as in the shut down process. It's showing (Staff Intervention Locked). Which is stressing me out cause I have to have all of this fixed by tomorrow for my community.

Yea mine is too. and no problem if you didnt have [serverSettings] already should fix the problem. Also make sure to use the destory wild dino command to get the new levels to spawn after your server is up.

Usually that setting ?OverrideOfficialDifficulty is a custom launch parameter. You can add that in by setting your map to 'Custom' and entering a launch param in the new box offered. There's even an information icon next to that box to give you a starter launch param :)

I am just as frustrated with this issue. Too many threads stating to make similar changes but, with no clear explanation. I have seen several people say to place "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10" in the usersettings.ini through FTP. Others say don't use the '?' in front of it. Yet someone else says to place the over-ride command in  the launch parameter box. Which is it, people? To begin with, i only had dinos up to maybe level 40, tops, anywhere on the map. Before any changes were made to this option. Then i added in a mod to increase the dino level to 500. Not only did that NOT work, now level 1's were spawning everywhere, with nothing higher. So, I took that mod out and entered the aforementioned commands of, 'ShowFloatingDamageText=True' and 'OverrideOfficialDifficulty=10.0' into the 'GameUserSettings.ini', at the very top of the file, directly after and, underneath of [serverSettings](typed exactly as shown). I saved and re-started the server. Once again, level 1 dinos everywhere. Two level 40 Trikes did spawn but, then only level 1's pretty much everywhere else, including a LvL 1 Titan. Nice.

So..........we NEED a clear-cut solution to this issue. For those of us new to all this server config stuff, could we find a solution with one clear-cut remedy, in layman's terms? Either through the use of the Control Panel or, FTP. Pics would help. I know many are struggling with the same issues. I've pulled out all but one plug of hair. I'm reaching for it now............................

Set your map to custom on the Control Panel. 

This will unlock the Custom Launch Parameters and Launch Parameters Line text box. 

Click the information icon (i) next to the text box. 

In here you can get basic set up information for you server. 

Copy one of the base map settings to get started (for custom maps, change beginning from TheIsland or Ragnarok to custom map. This could be CrystalIsles or ShigoIslands)

There are further settings here but for now we'll stick with Difficulty.

Copy and Paste to the end of the text the following. 

?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0 

Make sure it's in this format, matching the rest of the text. 

Set 5.0 to anything you want, but stick to this format. 

5.0 is level 150 for example. 

From here you can add additional things such as 

?ModMapID=

?GameModIDs=

They explain themselves. 

To get the dinosaurs to spawn in the new range, you'll need to run an admin command destroywilddinos. 

Will be good to go after that. 

Thanks for that. I managed, after much frustration, to increase thy dino levels. Did the 'destroywilddinos' command but, had to repeat it a few times for it to set properly, which also crashed the server. The levels SEEM to be right. For now. *crosses fingers*

• 4 weeks later...

Question on this.. if i reload my ark isle map as custom to get the dinos to 150 wild, will it wipe all of my current tamed dinos/items/structures/etc? I switched recently from ragnorak to the isle, and we would like to continue having 150 dinos :)   

EDIT: nevermind i just xfered my dinos just to be safe

Thanks for that. I managed, after much frustration, to increase thy dino levels. Did the 'destroywilddinos' command but, had to repeat it a few times for it to set properly, which also crashed the server. The levels SEEM to be right. For now. *crosses fingers*

Just want to make sure that you were able to set it up and that everything is working the way you want with your server now. 

Question on this.. if i reload my ark isle map as custom to get the dinos to 150 wild, will it wipe all of my current tamed dinos/items/structures/etc? I switched recently from ragnorak to the isle, and we would like to continue having 150 dinos :)   

EDIT: nevermind i just xfered my dinos just to be safe

Just make sure that you have MaxDifficulty=True on your Game.ini and DifficultyOffset=1.0 on your GameUserSettings.ini. Don't forget to execute the command admincheat destroywilddinos and all creatures on The Island and Scorched Earth should spawn up to level 150. A good way to know it's working properly is that you will see creatures with levels in multiples of 5 (5,10,15,20...145,150 etc.).