Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Fair warning, today's patch may have broken saves

mltdwn

Just found out my save was broken by today's patch.  If after updating your server you are having problems connecting or functioning in general you may have to erase your save folder by selecting the option in the control panel and restarting your server.  Once I did that everything worked fine.  Welcome to early access.

Well it could have had something to do with my son exiting the game stuck in a floor. All I know is that with the old save I even had problems starting the server, bout half the time it would fail to start and just hang halfway through.

We're having all sorts of issues after the last patch... crafted items vanishing upon completion, adding something to the queue fills the queue, drop and item and it transforms into another item, etc.

Probably need to wipe the slate clean, but... we're holding off for now, hoping things stabilize.

I updated after the latest patch without any rollbacks (about an hour ago). I did lose some saved progress yesterday after an update, but this has only happened once to me so far.. game seems to save files if you do a "STOP" then "START" rather than just restarting, but Ive had no rollbacks during updates.

This patch does have some new glitches. Ive read in the steam discussions if you just disconnect and re log, the crafting queue glitch fixes.

It's done something to the saves.  After the last save we crashed and we've been stuck on loading.  The average file size for the /ConanSandbox/Saved/Logs file is no more than 75,000.  Today's file size is 6,093,842.  That has to be significant right?

They just dropped a patch to fix the admin scroll and crashing at the stygian city to the west.  My save file was running at 53,248 bites in size.  It just jumped up to over 350,000 and climbing.  This is what happened the last time our save became corrupt and our server was stuck in loading and once again that's where we're at now.  Our server is stuck on loading so we're going to wipe and restart.