Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

New update and only first word goes to server name

delshin

Unsure, I'll just edit it via ftp but your client only seems to take the first work for a games server name right now. After a space it will leave those the other words out

Yeah, same issue here.  And if I remove all the spaces in the name, it will show "adminpassword=" and so on in the server name.

My solution was to have no spaces in the name, except on the end.

Do a temp fix until it gets fixed.  Remove all spaces in the server name. Add a space on the end of the server name.

Thats what I did for now. Just do something like My_server_pvp pvp "the second pvp at the end prevents the password error"

Do a temp fix until it gets fixed.  Remove all spaces in the server name. Add a space on the end of the server name.

The Paleo address at steam works just fine, not really a big issue, so long as I can find it, only my girlfriend and I play on it. Would be an issue if you can't get a hold of your player base and let them know of the problem.

has anyone tried doing like %20 like a space in a web address? 

Gave this a shot, didn't work.  Good suggestion though.

I ended up going with underscores for spaces with a space at the end of the string to prevent the "adminpassword=" part from showing up.

I'm assuming this is a survivalservers.com issue because I see other servers in the list with spaces, I could be completely wrong though lol.

I also have the same issue. Created a support ticket #703787

Silly question, how is this a Survival Servers issue?  Sounds more like a list server for the game issue.  My suggestion to test this add an admin password, connect to the server, make yourself an admin under server settings and then set the name from there (since you can change all of the server settings in game through that menu).  If it still exists then you know it is a Conan Exiles problem.

Silly question, how is this a Survival Servers issue?  Sounds more like a list server for the game issue.  My suggestion to test this add an admin password, connect to the server, make yourself an admin under server settings and then set the name from there (since you can change all of the server settings in game through that menu).  If it still exists then you know it is a Conan Exiles problem.

Am I blind or missing something?  I don't see a field or option to update the server name from the in game server settings menu.

Am I blind or missing something?  I don't see a field or option to update the server name from the in game server settings menu.

So right, sorry about that, thought there was one.

And it is a known issue, not a Survival Server issue.  From the bug forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/3/133256080238920760/

Everyone is reporting it.

Mine is also having the same issue. Attempted using <Word>.<Word> and it instead showed some codt from the ini file inc. my admin password!

So if you want it to work, do your word.word and then add an extra word ie my.server my 

You will not see the extra my but it will prevent your code spillage 

Seems to be game sided. Not server sides i think.

I see others talking about it on steam forums, but they didn't say who their host is. Ya, I have the same feeling, it's feels like the patch.