Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Setting Custom Launch Parameters Angers My Server

Vert

I'm trying to install the AdvancedTowing mod onto my Exile server. I uploaded the mod via FTP. I believe I did it correctly. (been a while since I have done this)
If I add the line "@AdvancedTowing" to the parameters, when I try to connect i get caught in a loop on the loading screen. It alternates flashing the message in the bottom left corner of the splash screen "Connecting" with the random silly messages they added to exile. It will do this until I hit escape to get out of it. If I disable the Custom Launch Parameters I can connect fine.

Do I understand correctly that I don't need to add "-serverMod=" on the line?

And just to make sure I'm actually installing it correctly the @AdvancedTowing folder should be in the root directory? And I also have to copy the keys to the right folder?

Am I missing something? (likely)

Thanks.

~Vert

I'm trying to install the AdvancedTowing mod onto my Exile server. I uploaded the mod via FTP. I believe I did it correctly. (been a while since I have done this)

If I add the line "@AdvancedTowing" to the parameters, when I try to connect i get caught in a loop on the loading screen. It alternates flashing the message in the bottom left corner of the splash screen "Connecting" with the random silly messages they added to exile. It will do this until I hit escape to get out of it. If I disable the Custom Launch Parameters I can connect fine.

Do I understand correctly that I don't need to add "-serverMod=" on the line?

And just to make sure I'm actually installing it correctly the @AdvancedTowing folder should be in the root directory? And I also have to copy the keys to the right folder?

Am I missing something? (likely)

Thanks.

~Vert

What is the whole custom parameters line you have?  You need to call Exile files if you are not.

you need @Exile;@ExileServer;@AdvancedTowing or

@Exile;@AdvancedTowing -servermod=@ExileServer

@Exile;@AdvancedTowing -servermod=@ExileServer  Is the one to use...

This is actually mine:

@Exile;@Extended_Base_Mod;@Advanced_Towing -servermod=@ExileServer

Not sure how many u have running.... Can ya post me the ip for urs?

And yes, u upload the " @advancedtowing " folder into ur root directory

@Exile;@AdvancedTowing -servermod=@ExileServer  Is the one to use...

This is actually mine:

@Exile;@Extended_Base_Mod;@Advanced_Towing -servermod=@ExileServer

Not sure how many u have running.... Can ya post me the ip for urs?

And yes, u upload the " @advancedtowing " folder into ur root directory

This is what i am running for a long time now. 

@Exile;@HVP;@HWP;@EBM -servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_Exile

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try. At the moment my server is down and support is fixing it. Will give it a shot after. 

edit: btw, I only added the @AdvancedTowing and also tried -servermod=@AdvancedTowing.

There was nothing set originally and Exile was running fine so I didn't think to add that.

Still pretty much a noob so you may hear from me a lot in the coming weeks. Apologies for any stupid questions.

Thanks guys. I'll give it a try. At the moment my server is down and support is fixing it. Will give it a shot after. 

edit: btw, I only added the @AdvancedTowing and also tried -servermod=@AdvancedTowing.

There was nothing set originally and Exile was running fine so I didn't think to add that.

Still pretty much a noob so you may hear from me a lot in the coming weeks. Apologies for any stupid questions.

There are never any stupid questions.  We all have learned at some time or another.

Got the Mod installed and mostly working. Now I am dealing with BattlEye kicks. When I try to attach the tow rope I get kicked with...
(BattlEye: SetVariable Value

Restriction #0)

I'm trying to find where to edit the BE exceptions but I think they have changed how things work since I last hosted a server.
Any insight is very much appreciated.

Edit: Found where the files were hiding so far nothing has helped.

In the setVariableVal file I added...

7 "" !="true" !="false" !="[0-9]{1,2}" !="sa_tow_ropes" !="SA_Tow_Ropes" !"sa_towing_vehicle" !"SA_Towing_Vehicle"