Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Setting up a server with dynamic Cross-Ark Travel?

shizzmoo

Im guessing the cluster add on is an manual setup by your end and not automated because after issues with invoices saying unpaid even though i have an successfully paid invoice for the add-on im still waiting for such server to be created and be live as their is no options for me to do anything 

Ticket #424167 

I have a similar issue. My invoice says paid, but the drop down hasn't been added to my control panel. Ticket Submitted.

It says "Applies Instantly" for adding a cluster, if it does require a manual setup on SS's end, this should be removed or altered from that Add on selection.

We're working out a few kinks with paid invoices for Clusters not actually instantly adding on the Cluster.

If you have any issues please drop us a support ticket and we'll fix you up faster than our fix gets released. :)

We seem to be having server naming issues.  We have the cluster set up, but we are having a HELL of a time getting a constant ability connect to either one at will.  It appears the naming is not working correctly... I've never seen a "#2" appended to the host name.  Both servers have the same name, it's its causing the in-game server list to freak out.  I had it at one point where I could just hit "Refresh" over and over and it would randomly swap between our primary map and the secondary map; probably because the server name was identical (along with the ip address, as expected).

The Steam Server list also seems to be buggy and not consider the port number when adding to favorites.  It appears to go only by ip address... so based on what port number I added with, I only ever see one favorite.  I've had Steam say the map as scorched earth, but when I clicked on it to connect, it loaded me into our Center map.

So in short; I have no guaranteed way to connect to a specific one of the two servers running.  Thoughts?

We seem to be having server naming issues.  We have the cluster set up, but we are having a HELL of a time getting a constant ability connect to either one at will.  It appears the naming is not working correctly... I've never seen a "#2" appended to the host name.  Both servers have the same name, it's its causing the in-game server list to freak out.  I had it at one point where I could just hit "Refresh" over and over and it would randomly swap between our primary map and the secondary map; probably because the server name was identical (along with the ip address, as expected).

The Steam Server list also seems to be buggy and not consider the port number when adding to favorites.  It appears to go only by ip address... so based on what port number I added with, I only ever see one favorite.  I've had Steam say the map as scorched earth, but when I clicked on it to connect, it loaded me into our Center map.

So in short; I have no guaranteed way to connect to a specific one of the two servers running.  Thoughts?

This is my exact problem. They don't have different names for some reason. In Steam's Server View, the IP for my cluster server finally shows, but it always says its unable to connect, and it doesn't show in Ark's Favorites list. Because of this if I travel to SE from TheCenter, and log out there, I can't actually log back into the cluster server directly to resume playing. It'll take me to TheCenter and want me to create a new survivor. At some point my survivors data got lost in limbo and I had to roll the server back to recover her.

Submitted a ticket almost 24 hours ago. I know this is affecting a lot of people. Hopefully they can come up with a fix soon.

This is due to the fact that your hostname is too long. I've prefixed it with #2| now instead - so future restarts will be that way.

Also fixed an issue where Valhalla Clusters weren't working.

For people having join issues, try this link -

2016-09-13_14h05_54.png

If it shows as offline, try restarting your game server.

Both our servers are up, we can still only find the one name.  And I doubt it's too long "SilentStrike"? We've reset several times as well :(   In fact, if you look at the Steam unofficial servers list, not a single one starts with #2...

Probably a mod issue or crashing issue on the Cluster. Submit a support ticket and we'll check it out.

Well it's not crashing... both servers are up and running... I just transferred around between them both.  Works great!   I just can't specifically pick which server to join because the names are the same.  I'll put in a ticket in a bit.  Thanks!

This is due to the fact that your hostname is too long. I've prefixed it with #2| now instead - so future restarts will be that way.

Also fixed an issue where Valhalla Clusters weren't working.

For people having join issues, try this link -

2016-09-13_14h05_54.png

If it shows as offline, try restarting your game server.

My cluster server shows the same hostname without any #2 so only way telling them apart is by the map name - is this going to be fixed soon ?