Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Scorched Earth New DLC

st-shadow

On a related question, hopefully the SurvivalServer admins know more about the DLC functionality than we do :) We know it supports cross-Ark travel via the Gateways between The Island and the DLC map.  DO we know anything about that functionality, its limitations or configurations? Can we set it to allow travel between two private servers, or what are our options?

Any confirmation on the following:

•  

1 - it doesn't mention compatibility with The Center

2- for people running Unofficial Servers, does this mean we'll actually need a 2nd server so players can travel between Scorched Earth and The Center?

Has anybody figured out how this is supposed to work?  Ark's info is sketchy at best.  Do we have to have a second server and if so how do we link them?  This sounds like a networking nightmare.  If we need a second server then this is NOT an expansion as they call it.

So since this last update broke the hell out of my primitive+ Center game, and rolling back didn't fix it, we are switching to scorched earth.  

I'm completely wiping.  I moved everything in our savedark##### directory to a backup dir for now for later download, made a new empty one.

Nuked the config files in the WindowsServer directory.  Copied all the files from 'CleanSourceconfigs' into it.

Selected scorched earth map drop down.

This should work right?  At least get my server up and running with the most basic of default configs running the map? It seems to be hanging.  Since I ran primitive+ and all our config work was done via ftp, not the web interface, I can't just keep using my existing configs.  Not sure what needs to be cut out, what needs to stay, what is specific to the new expansion, etc.

Can you guys who have this working maybe post a quick and dirty of your steps?  Were you able to just use the map selection drop down they just added in, and use the web interface configuration tool to build your configs, etc etc and it all worked?

yup worked flawlessly i havent actually moved saved ark files tho. i reccomend you change water drain rate tho i goes ridiculously quickly during the daytime its a really cool map

How did you get it to work ??

Have tried both the drop down map menu that shows scorched earth and even used the command line to load scorched earth and both times ran a update ark to make sure it got all the correct files for the server. It seems to load fine right up until character creation screen starts to show up then suddenly turns black and goes back to server select and then same thing for all of us ....kicked... you must install the content to join this server.

We all have bought and downloaded and installed the scorched earth dlc and it most certainly works for single player so it is active.

Stupid question....can you play the map without enabling all DLC?  Wouldn't mind checking out the map, but would prefer to keep my current server setup.

It looks like you can only host the map for other players, but you cannot log into it as a player without purchasing it. The way they've coded the DLC, it isn't like just loading another map I believe.

You have to have the dlc to play the map but you can spawn in the new dino's on other maps... Have not tested items yet, but the dino's do come in and can probably be added to the tables...

I set up my secondary server as just a SE server until such time as we're able to 'attach' it to the main one.  So far as I can see, and I've triple checked, I have the server set up correctly and running.  When I go to join I get a "This is a private server" and it dumps me out.  I did buy and install the paid content, and Steam shows it correctly there.  I've been through all the settings I can find, and no love.  Any thoughts or help out there?  Currently verifying my files through Steam.

I set up my secondary server as just a SE server until such time as we're able to 'attach' it to the main one.  So far as I can see, and I've triple checked, I have the server set up correctly and running.  When I go to join I get a "This is a private server" and it dumps me out.  

I lied, the comment is "this is an exclusive server"