Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

A3 Exile - Bornholm / Custom Map?

Box

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me see what I'm clearly missing here;

I've had a couple of Exile servers since last year and recently moved to a SS hosted server. Previously I've been able to host Bornholm (and other  mods) but I'm really struggling to get it to work at the moment (on any server provider).

I've gone with the basic exile server install (out of the box), changed the server.cfg to 

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
class Mission {
template = Exile.Bornholm;
difficulty = "Regular";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
};
};

I've also added '@Bornholm' to the server launch parameters and updated a basic exile.Bornholm.pbo to the missions folder.

I believe its something to do with the mission file as the server is showing as online in A3 launcher and showing that Bornholm is an active mod on the server but the map isn't showing in the map field (or in the map section of the Survival servers control panel ) and you cant load into the server upon connection.

I've even tried other server's mission PBOs and it still doesn't work. It must be something I'm missing or not doing right with the mission PBO file, any advice?

Just had a bit of a research and it may be something to do with my launch parameters. I have tried teh following and it's still not working;

@ExileServer;@Exile;@Bornholm

Found the issue - survival servers reset the server.cfg file when you use the control panel to "update" settings, this over writes custom settings in it (i.e. exile.bornholm settings in there!)

Launch parameters I used ;

@Exile;@Bornholm;@mas;@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_Exile;

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of hitting the Update Settings and Restart Game Server button at the bottom, why not just hit the restart button on the top right corner? This is how I tested Exile with other maps and worked fine.

Well I or anyone else wouldn't know if you don't tell us what methods you tried. Did you use the all in arma terrain pack or a tavi pbo? Where did you get the mission.sqm? Did you use the correct launch parameters? Did you search on the exile website for any additional information?

Bilco, on the taviana issue you said all you need is the mission.sqm? once i have the mission.sqm you still add taviana to the parameters list and in the server.cfg? and the exile.taviana pbo? the exile.taviana pbo is allready in the mission list and it has the mission.sqm allready in it.

and is the allinarmaterrain pack now CUP TERRAINS CORE and CUP MAPS?

I have added this to server.cfg, 

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
    class Mission {
        template = exile.taviana;
        difficulty = "Regular";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
    };
};

I have added this to parameters   @Exile;@TavianaA3,@ExileServer

I have used the Exile.Taviana        PBO

and is the allinarmaterrain pack now CUP TERRAINS CORE and CUP MAPS?

They are different projects. AiATP is basically outdated and CUP has replaced it, but your mission.sqm must pull in the CUP addons instead of the AiATP addons if you intend on using a CUP map.

• 7 months later...