Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Losing dinosaurs.

vbcitroo30

The people on our server keep losing dinosaurs for no reason, no death message, no logs on tribe logs or whatsoever. Because of discouragement, they are leaving the server. Any ideas why is this happening?

It's a known bug, nothing to do with your server, they will lose dinos elsewhere too. Sometimes they fall through the world, you could check for them there, enable ghost and fly. Other times if they're in spots where rocks/trees are supposed to be they will vanish when the resource reappears. All I can say is, it's Alpha...

I just had this happen to me a couple days ago. I was fortunate to have downloaded a backup via FTP a couple days prior. I loaded the backed up files into my single player and was able to upload the dinos I lost into the Ark. 

Good solution for a single person or small group play, not so much for public type servers..

• 1 month later...

I have an update to this issue. I found something on a forum somewhere, probably Steam, where someone suspected an issue with dino settings. I did have these settings modified and ever since I had reset them to the default "1" I have not had any further issues with dinos dying on loading in. This has been a couple weeks now.

The settings:

Dino Water Drain Multiplier

Dino Food Drain Multiplier

Dino Stamina Drain Multiplier

I have an update to this issue. I found something on a forum somewhere, probably Steam, where someone suspected an issue with dino settings. I did have these settings modified and ever since I had reset them to the default "1" I have not had any further issues with dinos dying on loading in. This has been a couple weeks now.

I was having that issue on our server and found that same suggestion and it seems to have helped.