Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Host Connection Timeout

Badwolf

Keep getting a Lost/timedout connection to host error every time I try to get onto my server. Can get on official servers without a problem. Any idea what is causing this? Server and game are fully updated. Never had this error before.

I have a friend with the same issue. She cant access my server but can access others.

*Edit* 

GAME SERVER ID #9097

I just got in without issues. Please screenshot the error or post a short gif or video of that person attempting to join and then receiving an error.

since 1 am, my server has been stuck loading. i put a ticket in, emailed customer support and haven't heard back. I'm sure this post will be deleted as I have read the rules for the forum but have no idea what else to do. its been a looooong time. last attempt at a restart was about 17 minutes ago. #8005 NC 

Honestly, sorry for breaking forum rules. I see the man with the badass hair replying, I needed to put my issue to attention.

I just got in without issues. Please screenshot the error or post a short gif or video of that person attempting to join and then receiving an error.

Yeah my other guy got in fine. Its just her. im getting her to make a screenshot will post asap

OKies photos are as follows. 

She loads the game and the screen stays black like this

http://prntscr.com/8srend

And then after a short time it goes like this

http://prntscr.com/8srf8k

Hope you can fix this. This has ruined our Whole weekend game plan :( and ive been having a hard time keeping out mounts/ pets fed with 3 Spinos on constant patrol around our island  :? 

I just managed to get into mine by using the Steam server list instead of the in game server list. Thinking it may just be an issue with the game itself. Hopefully this works for you too!

We tried all that. Im going to be changing our servers location. could do with a server wipe anyways. our starting place was just a test area and sooo unsafe XD

*Tip Spinos spawn in south 1 area pretty frequently XD*

Hopefully server wipe fixes it. She has tried game servers, steam servers, reset computer numerous times, reset steam, Killing her toon so she respawns with another. Absolutely nothing worked. Hoping new host location does the trick :/

This is definitely a game issue. We've had a couple reports internally of this but I have yet to be able to replicate it.

Using Launch button in control panel - no problems

Using TopArkServers.com - no problems

Using Steam favorites method - no problems

In-game server browser - no problems (although harder to find depending on how the server browser feels that day)

Survival Launcher double click join - no problems

I would suggest trying all 5 of these methods and letting us know if you notice any trend / pattern.

• 4 years later...

My friend is hosting a non-dedicated server and im having this exact issue. Been ruining my entire day. How could 5 years have passed and this not be fixed yet?

It very well could be a problem with my internet but i doubt that considering just days ago this was working fine and no significant changes in my internet have occurred.
I'm assuming it's not exactly the easiest thing to solve considering there could be a large variety of reasons but this is a bug that has caused thousands to quit playing and im close myself. Please fix this bug, there is no clear cut solution anywhere on the internet and it is ruining my day.

I have tried everything:
Restarting my modem + router
Joining via the above websites
Joining with steam UI
Reinstalling the game MULTIPLE times
Running with launch options: -d3d10 -sm4
Factory resetting my computer
Joining with Ethernet connection + Wifi
Verifying game cache and integrity of game files
Trying previous versions of ark

I'm a recent purchaser of ARK and it's incredibly fun, i've clocked in about 40 hours in the past week alone. 
I have ensured that everyone connecting to the server is running the most recent version of ARK and yet no matter what this issue persists. PLEASE fix it.