Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Question about "modify server config" tool

Creature

Does THIS keep it's settings with new patches? The .ini gets wiped of all custom settings about 25% of the time when there's a new patch. If the tool keeps the settings, I'll start using it. I'm getting pretty tired of updating my server only to have to tell people they have to wait again because I have to shut it back down to get the settings back. It also prevents me from being able to update remotely for fear of losing all the settings.

Thanks for the quick reply Ryan! I guess there's no way around an extra restart when they change something in the .ini. Good to know the tool will keep the settings though, that's likely a bit quicker than accessing and changing files through ftp.

Follow up on this one :) Is it better to use the new "Modify Server Tool" than it is to use the "Custom Launch Paramaters"? I currently use the Custom, but I would love to change it if the new Server tool is better and easier to use.