Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

How long does it take to show up in the server list

I paid for a server around 2 hours ago and i think its all set up right but this is my first time ever doing something like this. I tried DAYZ LAUNCHER and SURVIVAL LAUNCHER and i dont see my server in either. Can someone please help me. Thanks Mike

IP: 192.111.147.37:5302 

Let's say for instance that you're running DayZ 1.8.6.1. Change the map to Chernarus Epoch 1.0.5.1. Hit the big green button at the bottom. Wait for the web page to repopulate. Change it back to what you origionally had and hit the big green button again. Wait for the web page to repopulate. Let's see if that works.

Tried that still dont see it, i am trying to do Dayz Epoch napf 1.0.5.1, done just like you said and i still dont see anything. 

%EpochNapf% - (%1.0.5.1%/125548) %FAMgaming% | SurvivalServers.com

198.154.117.14:6302

Well that's a totally different IP from the first one you posted. I did a check server for dayz launcher and it was added. It usually takes about an hour or 2 to show up on any launcher.

Thats what i was looking at, was the different ip, could that be because i changed from north Carolina to Dallas texas. and thanks again for checking on it , i will keep checking every now and then to see if its up yet.

Well yeah if you change locations your IP will change and every time you change locations or maps your data will be wiped. So after this, I wouldn't suggest changing anything else except for adding mods to your server.

Most mods if not all can be found Here. Others can be found Here. If you have any other questions before you order any mods, feel free to ask before you order.

Thanks again, i looked and my order was placed at 2.:30 and i still cant find my server on any list, it says the status is started but when i check the server on the dayz launcher its says server is offline, do you know what could cause this. is it the map i picked , because friends of mine use this server company and they dont have problems. Im just ready to play...lol

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but  I do see it on both launchers as well as direct connect through Arma 2. The Survival Launcher allows you to search with IP/Host name where DayZ Launcher only allows you to search via name. Maybe you're spelling is off or your IP is incorrect. Sometimes it's simple overlooks that kick you in the butt!

ok just a little more help please. I found it on both servers now, i changed it to a L.A. server and now i see it, but when i try to enter from survivlal launcher it brings up a lot of errors and says i need to add keys or delete files... On the dayz launcher it shows the ping in red 9999 and it just stays on the waiting on host page. it never loads up..

here is the new ip if you can please help, the support center is so slow. 

Epoch/Napf/1.0.5.1/FAMgaming | SurvivalServers.com

IP: 72.20.45.89:2802

Usually when you see an error like that it means you have missing mods from the PBO. You could have something wrong with your download of the current version or you did something wrong on your server. As much as you've changed it while Ryan and I were trying to help you could mean that something didn't install correctly. The one that is showing up on DayZ launcher that is showing red is the last IP for your server so yeah, it's gonna be 9999. The new one would have to be added to that launcher. I'm sorry that you feel that the support center is so slow. If you've created a support ticket, you can post your ticket # and I'll look into it. If you kept bumping your ticket, it will keep sending it to the end of the line by default. Response times are usually pretty good, around 12 hours or less.

Well scratch that there is something wrong with your server cause I'm currently in it right now with no issues. You definately have something wrong client side of your epoch version. By the way, I entered your server via the Survival Launcher.

Sorry for changing it so many times, i was just listening to different people tell me what to do. I haven't touched it or changed it anymore since this morning and i wont change it again. 

I have been playing fine on a server that is rented by Bricktop on survival servers and he has talked good about your business.  we have played more than 300 hrs in the last 3 weeks with no problems. so when i set mine up i assumed that i wouldn't need anything because i had already been playing. So if you think i need to reinstall something or do anything from this point please let me know. I don't want to cause any more problems i just want to get it up and running so i can buy some add ons for it and start playing with my family. 

Ticket # 961123

Thanks for any help. Sorry i was changing it so much. 

There is nothing wrong with your server if I can go in it just fine. Verify your mods. Mods can become corrupt, don't ask me how cause I don't have that answer...it just happens. Make sure you don't have any launch parameters set anywhere that aren't needed. The only time you would use that is if you went into game straight through Arma 2 or DayZ Commander. But again, I found your server using Survival Launcher, clicked on it, and went in just fine. I have no launch parameters set anywhere and I have Epoch 1.0.5.1 downloaded which is what your server is set to.

I re installed everything and i can now get into my server, thanks a lot for your patience with a newbe. But now i have more questions , maybe you can direct me to some answers.

#1 I noticed that on other games there is a small box on the right with stats , how do i get that

#2 how do i access admin controls and powers.

#3 Also do i need to download a program called DART. someone told me it would help alot. 

#4 i want to buy a few add ons, but the ones i was wanting information on was the AI's and the one about packing objects into vehichles. There are 2 AI add ons, which one does what and which one do you think is best and easiest to use. thank you .

#5 is the infistar worth the upgrade. just asking.....thanks again

Glad to see that you got into your server.

Answers:

1). That is a debug monitor that comes with the infiSTAR antihack or you can install one on your PBO's.

2). You access in game admin controls with the infiSTAR antihack. You have to put in your steam ID on the panel but must have it to be able to use it.

3). I would use dart as it is an admin tool. It is a desktop RCON tool. You can kick and ban without being in your server.

4). There are many different AI addons for servers. The main difference is do you want missions or just roaming AI or both? It's all about preference and the type of server you are looking to have. I use all of them but I have many different types of servers and I have them tweaked for each server.

5). I use infiSTAR on all of my servers. I wouldn't run any servers without it. It allows you to do things that Dart can't do. It's also sometimes referred to as the admin hack tool. Some admins use this to gain advantage over players and is frowned upon and will quickly shy people away from your server if suspected of you using it to your advantage.

I hope this helps you.

ok , thanks again. I just bought the infistar and some add ons. I understand that it could take 48 hours to get the add ons added but does it take that long for infistar or can i use it now.

Everytime i hit f2 i freeze and cant do anything..

The Antihack only gets automatically installed when purchased with the server. If you purchased it after you already purchased the server then the mod team will have to install it for you.