Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Overpoch Chernarus server not working after switching maps

Hello ,

Today i switched from Overpoch to Epoch and then back .

When i switched it back i entered parameters -mod=@DayZOverwatch .

But now the server will not work and is stuck at creating .

Without the parameters it just turns to regular Epoch .

Anyone got any idea's ?

Best regards .

Why would you enter parameters in the control panel? If I ever switch maps, I switch to DayZ Vanilla and then to something different. Try switching to DayZ then back to Overpoch. Should be no reason to add any parameters. Make sure you let it cycle first before switching! Meaning, once you click the big green button at the bottom, let the page refresh before proceeding any further.

Hi Bilco ,

Thanks for the reply , i actually have been doing that several times with and without parameters but if i do so without the parameters the server starts up as regular epoch .

At least when i type in the ip at remote the server comes up and at mission it says Dayz Epoch chernarus and ingame it says regular Epoch

If you are switching from epoch to overpoch, any launcher will and does not read the server right away. Switch to overpoch. Find an overpoch server on a launcher. Go into that server and exit to the multiplayer menu. Go to remote and type in you ip and enter your server that way. Or you can go in directly through steam but putting in the parameters. If the problem still persist, it may be server related and a support ticket may need submitted. I'm not at home so I can't really help you any further than that. Once you switch it, leave it alone. It could take a few hours to populate on any of the launchers.

Alright Bilco thanks .

When i put the ip for the firecock servers in remote it also sayd dayz epoch chernarus at the missions tab so my idea that it should say overpoch is wrong .

Thank you very much

Yes it was sorted but as off now the server is not showing at all not even via remote ip when it is running overpoch .

If i change the map to Chernarus or lets say Overwatch it will show but not when i set the map to overpoch i tried changing maps a few times but doesnt want to work .

Server is up and running again already for some reason it wouldnt reset every time but now it has reset .

Btw i know that there is no parameter needed if you just select the map overpoch chernarus but the control panel says different .

this is the line of text copied exactly from the information bar in the control panel .

Overpoch Chernarus/Napf
Make sure all connecting users have Epoch latest installed, Overwatch installed, and add -mod=@DayZOverwatch in your additional launch parameters in Survival Launcher settings.

But when doing that  the server actually doesnt work .

However that was not the reason the server was not working today but it's up and working now .

Overpoch Chernarus/Napf
Make sure all connecting users have Epoch latest installed, Overwatch installed, and add -mod=@DayZOverwatch in your additional launch parameters in Survival Launcher settings.

But when doing that  the server actually doesnt work .

However that was not the reason the server was not working today but it's up and working now .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I hear there is a fix around the corner for that. I still use Dayz Launcher has never failed me until i use SS lol. not trying to be funny about it but it's true. I never had issues with anyone else on it. I dont blame SS, i just think the servers are not so good, sometimes checking your server through launcher will tell you it's offline. weird. If i knew the infrastructure and servers they use i could decide what to do and how to launch the games. For the most part though, SS has it down pretty well with the panel upgrades and map selection. Overpoch/watch is just an unstable mod and always has problems.

Overpoch in Survival Launcher is not working at the moment, needs fixing. You can see your server (from favorites or in the server list, make sure you have "All Mods" selected) you just won't be able to join with the necessary -mod line.

I am a bit inundated with other programming tasks at the moment, I will get around to it when I have time.