Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Bad Version, Server Rejected Connection on my server when I try and join

D1Z1

Nevermind. I see it's DayZ 1.8.4 and I'm going to assume you're using DayZ Launcher and your Mod is updated to 1.8.4.1. That would be why you are getting that error.

Or, you can try to manually update your server to 1.8.4.1 by uploading the newest dayz_server.pbo and client files from the Server Files: download here: 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220556-dayz-mod-hotfix-1841/ 

to your @DayZ directory using FTP as well as the new key in the Keys directory, that should update you.

I did it yesterday and it worked for me. This is really the only way to go because most everyone updates their client through steam and the steam update is 1.8.4.1. Nobody with an updated client will be able to join your 1.8.4 server. Besides, I'm not sure you can roll back to 1.8.4 on DayZ Launcher anymore anyway.

Good luck!

Well, on your CPanel you have FTP Details. Download an FTP client, like Core FTP Lite, to access your server files via FTP. Then you have to download the Server files and unpack them from the link in my previous post. Then drag the new files to overwrite the old files using the FTP. If this seems complicated, you should submit a support ticket to Survival Servers and ask them to update your server to 1.8.4.1.

Good luck! 

I can't seem to get it to work sadly I have no idea how to manually install it, and the support suggested I downloaded 1.8.4 untill they catch up with their backlog, but sadly my launcher won't download 1.8.4 I get some error while about 36% in, so It looks like i'm stuck

Is there anyway you could spare some time and replace the files for me Vladick? if I gave you my FTP info etc, It would be greatly appreciated but I understand if you can't