Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

It is very confusing on how to migrate your world onto SurvivalServers, I need help.

Respecognize

The guide shows nothing in terms of how to migrate your server into SurvivailServers. I tried everything and can't seem to get it to work. Some help please. I zipped the files and tried to upload the local save from the control panel, and also tried to update the start_headless_server file and nothing. IT won't even let me edit that file. Extremely confusing and no real guide.

1 minute ago, Blisto said:

I'm guessing that you followed this guide.
world.PNG.bddcae9629c973bcaeb37286ecb4c278.PNG

It might sound like a stupid question but did you remember to press the "Save Settings and Restart Game Server" button at the bottom of the control panel?
Another thing to try is setting "Server Update" to "Yes, run update/validate" before restarting the server with the new world.

Is there anything else I have to do after uploading the ZIP files into the local files control panel upload?

Try uploading the zip, then change "Server Update" to "Yes, run update/validate" and then press the green restart button.

How many characters is your password?

That should be fine. Check that there are no hidden spaces.
Also just to state what might be obvious, the server password is the "Lock Password" field not the FTP password.

What worked for me yesterday was to open the world on my computer first and F5 save. Then i went back into my appdata worlds folder and zipped the two files. Then i found the file instead of dragging it. I have no clue if any step is the fix but after 5 tries this finally got it to work. 

First, go to C:\Users\*Your Name*\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds (AppData is hidden) and zip both the .fwl and Database File into the same zip folder and leave it on your desktop for ease of access, then just go to your control panel and upload the .zip using the local save upload, then hit save and restart. You'll have to join your server via the IP address and port located under IP and Port Information (use the game port. NOT the query port (I think default is 5456). 

If you need to connect directly to the game files or modify anything, download something like Filezilla or WinSCP to connect via ftp using the FTP Details. 

Also, what's your server status? If it's "Ready" and you uploaded the local world save, you should be good to go. I know installing mods and messing around in FTP can cause the server to stop working though and I've had to revert a few times.

This is my first time going with SS and it was a slight learning curve at the start, but honestly in the past 2 weeks I've learned so much about server hosting. I suggest keep going at it if you can, you'll get it eventually!

Another thing to note: Don't enable auto restarts unless you want rollbacks - the game has 20 min save intervals or something similar so hitting F5 and typing "save" is a much better option if you're going to do a restart.

23 hours ago, Respecognize said:

I will try again. I am about to ask for a refund. They offer no guides what so ever.

I am too, I have spend nearly two days trying to no avail. I have followed their directions precisely and tried a dozen times. The support tickets have just told me to do the same things I've already done.