Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Epoch Traders Admin Tool Tutorial?

Vladick

Anyone know if there is a tutorial or directions for using the Epoch Traders Admin Tool on the server Cpanel? It's not that intuitive (or I'm not that smart) and I'd like to do a couple of things like:

• Add new helis and some other stuff to the traders
    Add stock to existing items in the trader menu

Some players have been getting the message, "insufficient stock" when trying to purchase items that were previously available to be purchased.

Anyone know about this stuff?

Thanks!

Vladick

Anyone know if there is a tutorial or directions for using the Epoch Traders Admin Tool on the server Cpanel? It's not that intuitive (or I'm not that smart) and I'd like to do a couple of things like:

• Add new helis and some other stuff to the traders
    Add stock to existing items in the trader menu

Some players have been getting the message, "insufficient stock" when trying to purchase items that were previously available to be purchased.

Anyone know about this stuff?

Thanks!

Vladick

I know of a video that shows you how to add things to the traders and I will link it below:

Link:

About the stocking, I know you can edit the stocking in the database but that can take hours. I'm not sure but think there might be a way to get it to auto restock on server restart. I'll look around and let you know if I find anything.

I know of a video that shows you how to add things to the traders and I will link it below:

Link:

About the stocking, I know you can edit the stocking in the database but that can take hours. I'm not sure but think there might be a way to get it to auto restock on server restart. I'll look around and let you know if I find anything.

Ok, I have found out how to auto restock the traders on server restarts. It's a bit confusing if I explain it here so I will make a quick video and give you the link in a little bit.

Ok, I have found out how to auto restock the traders on server restarts. It's a bit confusing if I explain it here so I will make a quick video and give you the link in a little bit.

Ok, well sorry I can't make a video cause my computer is being weird so I'm going to explain it the best I can.

1. Go into your database via the control panel

2. Go into traders_data

3. At the top click SQL (to the left of search)

4. Click UPDATE at the bottom of the text box (should get something like this: UPDATE `traders_data` SET `id`=[value-1],`item`=[value-2],`qty`=[value-3],`buy`=[value-4],`sell`=[value-5],`order`=[value-6],`tid`=[value-7],`afile`=[value-8] WHERE 1 to appear in the text box)

5. Delete that code

6. Replace with this: UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=50 WHERE qty<=50;

7. Replace the two 50s' with whatever numbers you want (the first 50 is the qty that the items will be set to in the traders, the second 50 is the qty at which the item has to be below to get reset to the number in the first spot)

8. Hit the Go button at the bottom right

9. Update and restart your server

You have to do this everything you want to restock your traders. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will try to help.

Ok, well sorry I can't make a video cause my computer is being weird so I'm going to explain it the best I can.

1. Go into your database via the control panel

2. Go into traders_data

3. At the top click SQL (to the left of search)

4. Click UPDATE at the bottom of the text box (should get something like this: UPDATE `traders_data` SET `id`=[value-1],`item`=[value-2],`qty`=[value-3],`buy`=[value-4],`sell`=[value-5],`order`=[value-6],`tid`=[value-7],`afile`=[value-8] WHERE 1 to appear in the text box)

5. Delete that code

6. Replace with this: UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=50 WHERE qty<=50;

7. Replace the two 50s' with whatever numbers you want (the first 50 is the qty that the items will be set to in the traders, the second 50 is the qty at which the item has to be below to get reset to the number in the first spot)

8. Hit the Go button at the bottom right

9. Update and restart your server

You have to do this everything you want to restock your traders. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will try to help.

Thanks Cole! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes. BTW, what program do you use to edit the database, just so I am doing it exactly as you are?

Thanks!

Vladick

Thanks Cole! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes. BTW, what program do you use to edit the database, just so I am doing it exactly as you are?

Thanks!

Vladick

You just go into the database via the control panel. If you click on the IP next to Host: in your control panel at the top under Database Details it should send you to your database.

You just go into the database via the control panel. If you click on the IP next to Host: in your control panel at the top under Database Details it should send you to your database.

Np, anytime, and it's a good thing that many were affected because that means it worked. I had about the same amount affected when I did it. Just remember you have to keep on doing it. If you don't want to have to do it like once a week or something like that just change the numbers to like 500 so it stays affected for longer.

Np, anytime, and it's a good thing that many were affected because that means it worked. I had about the same amount affected when I did it. Just remember you have to keep on doing it. If you don't want to have to do it like once a week or something like that just change the numbers to like 500 so it stays affected for longer.

Actually yeah, under events, it has the following query, set to run daily:

UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE qty=0 AND afile<>'trade_any_vehicle' AND afile<>'trade_any_boat'

But my out of stock notice continued for days after it started and it didn't stop until I ran Cole's query. Anyone have an idea about that?

Thanks!

Vladick

Actually yeah, under events, it has the following query, set to run daily:

UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE qty=0 AND afile<>'trade_any_vehicle' AND afile<>'trade_any_boat'

But my out of stock notice continued for days after it started and it didn't stop until I ran Cole's query. Anyone have an idea about that?

Thanks!

Vladick

It's set to ENABLED so that's good to go, but when I change the number from 10 to whatever it gives me the following error message:

One or more errors have occured while processing your request:

The following query has failed: "DROP EVENT 'updateStockDaily';"

My SQL said: #1539 - Unknown event 'updateStockDaily'

Ever seen that one before?

Thanks!

Vladick

It's set to ENABLED so that's good to go, but when I change the number from 10 to whatever it gives me the following error message:

One or more errors have occured while processing your request:

The following query has failed: "DROP EVENT 'updateStockDaily';"

My SQL said: #1539 - Unknown event 'updateStockDaily'

Ever seen that one before?

Thanks!

Vladick

Okay so, I've updated the stock of all of my items in my inventory. But now I want to add that cool Heli (pook_H13_medevac_INS, and maybe all of the pook family) to the Hero Trader to allow players to purchase it. How do I go about doing that? I feel like I should be able to do it in the Epoch Traders Admin tool but I can't figure it out at all. Any idea?

Thanks!

Vladick

Okay so, I've updated the stock of all of my items in my inventory. But now I want to add that cool Heli (pook_H13_medevac_INS, and maybe all of the pook family) to the Hero Trader to allow players to purchase it. How do I go about doing that? I feel like I should be able to do it in the Epoch Traders Admin tool but I can't figure it out at all. Any idea?

Thanks!

Vladick