Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Epoch Traders Admin Tool Tutorial?

Vladick

Hi guys, so I followed the video to add Items to the trader, Beanz had offered another option to add items but I wanted to try the data base first as I am new to this. I have the Items in correct according to the video and other forum post but the traders do not have the Items on the menu. Do I need to use another program to edit the database? because going from the control panel and adding items does not seem to be working. For example I tried to add item ["CH53_DZE",2], buy [4,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1], sell [2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1], tid 519 the aircraft trader on Napf order 0, trade_any_vehicle. I clicked go on the database, it showed successful then I restarted the server and It's not there on the trader menu. Any help would be great, Thanks all!

Hi guys, so I followed the video to add Items to the trader, Beanz had offered another option to add items but I wanted to try the data base first as I am new to this. I have the Items in correct according to the video and other forum post but the traders do not have the Items on the menu. Do I need to use another program to edit the database? because going from the control panel and adding items does not seem to be working. For example I tried to add item ["CH53_DZE",2], buy [4,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1], sell [2,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1], tid 519 the aircraft trader on Napf order 0, trade_any_vehicle. I clicked go on the database, it showed successful then I restarted the server and It's not there on the trader menu. Any help would be great, Thanks all!

@Cole24

Well, you only had to post the link twice for me to actually watch the entire video, lol... My mistake was thinking all I had to do was add the new heli to the Trader_items when, come to find out in the second half of the video, you also have to add it to the Traders_data.

Thanks for the help. I got it now.

@CTech

So make sure you add the new item to both the Trader_items AND the Traders_data lists in the DB.

@Cole24

Well, you only had to post the link twice for me to actually watch the entire video, lol... My mistake was thinking all I had to do was add the new heli to the Trader_items when, come to find out in the second half of the video, you also have to add it to the Traders_data.

Thanks for the help. I got it now.

@CTech

So make sure you add the new item to both the Trader_items AND the Traders_data lists in the DB.

O lol, well good to hear. Also you only have to add it to traders_data. I never add anything to the traders_items, I just add it straight to traders_data and it works fine.

O lol, well good to hear. Also you only have to add it to traders_data. I never add anything to the traders_items, I just add it straight to traders_data and it works fine.

Hello thanks for the replies, yes I did add them to both trader items and trader data. That's why I can't figure out why the items are not showing up in the menu.

Hello thanks for the replies, yes I did add them to both trader items and trader data. That's why I can't figure out why the items are not showing up in the menu.

I was having some trouble yesterday myself when I tried to add a couple of helis to the traders. I wanted to add a couple of armed helis and a couple of unarmed helis and I wanted them to show up in different traders; at the Hero trader for the armed helis and the Airplane dealer at NWAF for the unarmed ones. I set the TID (Trader Menu ID) to 493 for the armed and 512 for the unarmed, but 512 was the wrong TID for the NWAF Ariplane dealer so they didn't show up there. Not sure where 512 shows up, but I then figured out that it should be 519 for the NWAF Airplane dealer. This may not be why yours are not showing up but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks!

Vladick

I was having some trouble yesterday myself when I tried to add a couple of helis to the traders. I wanted to add a couple of armed helis and a couple of unarmed helis and I wanted them to show up in different traders; at the Hero trader for the armed helis and the Airplane dealer at NWAF for the unarmed ones. I set the TID (Trader Menu ID) to 493 for the armed and 512 for the unarmed, but 512 was the wrong TID for the NWAF Ariplane dealer so they didn't show up there. Not sure where 512 shows up, but I then figured out that it should be 519 for the NWAF Airplane dealer. This may not be why yours are not showing up but I thought I would mention it.

Thanks!

Vladick

Okay, so I have successfully added a bunch of items to my traders (building materials and helis mostly) but had some trouble over the weekend with a couple of items. I tried to add m134 ammo and the fuel pump. However, for both items, when I go to the trader menu I can see the item listed (without an icon) and I can click on it and view the buy, sell amounts. But when I click buy it goes through the animation, takes my money, but does not give me the item.

Could this have to do with me setting it up in the traders data but not in the trader items DB?

Or, could it have to do with the naming convention I'm using. I got the class name for both of these items from internet posts. Not sure they are accurate though.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thanks!

Vladick

Okay, so I have successfully added a bunch of items to my traders (building materials and helis mostly) but had some trouble over the weekend with a couple of items. I tried to add m134 ammo and the fuel pump. However, for both items, when I go to the trader menu I can see the item listed (without an icon) and I can click on it and view the buy, sell amounts. But when I click buy it goes through the animation, takes my money, but does not give me the item.

Could this have to do with me setting it up in the traders data but not in the trader items DB?

Or, could it have to do with the naming convention I'm using. I got the class name for both of these items from internet posts. Not sure they are accurate though.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thanks!

Vladick