Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

No clue how to mod

WR3NCH1998

I honestly don't know how to use any of this FTP crap and I keep getting showed stuff that I don't know how to do, this is my first server for a game and you make it so hard, so would you kindly just explain to me how I mod my server.

Not a problem! Modding DayZ & ARMA servers is very different from most other games and requires a bit of knowledge and research when first trying to set it up! Below is a quick run down on how to upload mods via FTP and activate them on our system!

To add mods on your DayZ Standalone server you will want to do the following:

1. Switch your servers map type to "Custom" via the Game Server Control panel to enable the "Custom Launch Parameters"
  2. Upload all of the workshop mods you wish to use on the server via FTP
    1. After uploading the mods, if there are any spaces or apostrophes (') in the mod folder name remove them!
      1. So for example say you upload @My First Dayz Mod it would then become -> @MyFirstDayzMod
      2. Or say you upload @John's New Mod it would then become -> @JohnsNewMod
  3. To activate the mods you will want to put -mod= followed by the mod you wish to activate
    1. For example -mod=@example;@mod;@folders
  4. Then click on the green "Save Settings and Restart Game Servers" button for the changes to take effect and for the mods to load!
  5. It is important to note that if the workshop mod comes with a "Keys" folder you will need to add file contained within that folder to your servers main "Keys" folder in the main file directory!

To edit/upload/save/delete files via FTP, use the following method:

1. Stop your server from the panel.
  2. Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel. Download link for WinSCP here: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
  3. Navigate to the directory you wish to upload or edit a file.
  4. After editing/uploading/deleting your files in the proper directories, start your server from the panel.

• 3 months later...

I keep getting pbo errors when doing this. Also what are you talking about when you say "For example -mod=@example;@mod;@folders"? What is supposed to go where @mod and @folder? I'm completely missing that info. Where do you type in the -mod=? Under launch parameters? I think you started with good instructions but they faded out quick...maybe we can have a refreshed version of instructions? One more thing, where to put the mods? Do we just place them right into the root folder?

19 hours ago, kbarlow67 said:

I keep getting pbo errors when doing this. Also what are you talking about when you say "For example -mod=@example;@mod;@folders"? What is supposed to go where @mod and @folder? I'm completely missing that info. Where do you type in the -mod=? Under launch parameters? I think you started with good instructions but they faded out quick...maybe we can have a refreshed version of instructions? One more thing, where to put the mods? Do we just place them right into the root folder?

The @mod and @folder are supposed to be replaced with the mod names that you have uploaded! The location where you want to upload the mod folders is the root folder when connected via FTP!

So say you have uploaded the following mods: @CF and @Community-Online-Tools. You would add the following to your Custom Launch Parameters!

"-mod=@CF;@Community-Online-Tools;"