This information was posted during version Early Access 1.0.1
I am a big fan of Survival Servers and what they host and have been a returning customer of what they provide for years. This time I was looking into Outlaws of the Old West and did not find anything here. Here is what I found:
- Navigate on the FTP to *server install*/Outlaws/Saved where a file should have been pre-made called AdminList.txt - if file does not exist just make a new one but server should have it made (mine was auto created). If you do not see it you may be in the wrong spot.
- Retrieve your 17 digit steamID from any steam profile website. Personally I use https://steamid.io/- you just need your steam profile link.
- Post it in the file. Other admins are to be added on each individual line. I do not see any individual admin access abilities (ranks) at this time.
- Restart Server
To activate GM/Admin Menu:
- In-game press SHIFT then ~
- Console will be at bottom of screen.
- Type “activateAdmin” and press enter.
- Admin Window will be an option if you check the menu by pressing ESC.
- Use this to add more admins, kick or ban players. I am sure more commands and abilities will show up in the future.
Special Commands -
Once again press Shift then ~ and admin console will show up again.
Here are some commands that can be typed in. I am sure more will show up as game progresses.
GMbuff – buffs player health and stamina to unlimited and stops hunger/thirst. (as of this post, cannot be turned off without reconnecting)
Teleport x y - teleport to given coordinates (coordinates from in-game map)
DestroyTarget – destroys the target at the center of aim. Leaving nothing behind.
KillTarget – applies max damage to target at center of aim.
RefreshAdminTextList – reloads admin list from file.
RefreshBanTextList – reloads ban list from file.
How to Edit Ban List:
- Just like the admin file. Return to /outlaws/saved on the server.
- Look for (or create) BanList.txt (mine was auto created by server)
- Remove or insert SteamIDs as needed, each on individual lines.
In closing. The game is still super new and in very early access - I am sure we can all expect further changes to both the game and how dedicated servers are operated.
Further questions or additions to this guide feel free to post here. Thanks