Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Mistake in Server Config?

Calito Jack

Something is not right in SS basic server config. How can it be that i have more engram points that i can actually use? I have released all engrams and i still have about 140 points left. I didn't change anything in the original server config so far other than the MOTD.

With almost lvl 50 i should get 784 Engram points. After i have restarted the server last night i got over 1200 engram points. Thats more than i can use?

Anybody else has this problem? Or will that be corrected when patch 10 is coming out tomorrow?

I assume that no one else has an issue with this. I still don't understand that I can release all engrams and i am now lvl 66, so i did the math:

Lvl 1-9:       8 engram points = 64
Lvl 10-19: 12 engram points = 120
Lvl 20-29: 16 engram points = 160
Lvl 30-39:  20 engram points = 200
Lvl 40-49: 24 engram points = 240
Lvl 50-59: 28 engram points = 280
Lvl 60-60: 40 engram points = 240

Summary: 1.304 engram points with lvl 66? I can already release all engrams in game at lvl 66 and having over a hundred left?
Is that correct or did you guys reduce this manual in the server config?

I can't believe that you should be able to release all engrams with lvl 66 already.
Btw, there was no problem before they released the server config.

I know i can adjust this for my server myself, but i would like to know what the original player/lvl configuration was because i never modified the one from SS. :shock:

The Standard installed Game.INI contains NO lines of code to do with Ramp code so Id say this has nothing to do with SS as they dont add or change the amount of Engrams you get.... In order to change them you need to over write the engram code with new code in the Game.ini which on a default install is BLANK......

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=20

SS fresh install doesnt add these lines.... or atleast it hasnt each time ive used reset or rented a new server...

So did you set all overrides to 20? Because my game.ini is ascending like this:

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=28
OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=40
OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=50

Lol the only way you have that code in your game.ini is if you placed it there so that kinda answered your question.... The standard game doesnt have Ramp code you get 1 or 2 points per level normal game....

Tallon, this isn't funny. :-o
I did not change the ini myself and it was ascending like that since SS implemented the modify server config that's why i opened this topic. I thought that i was not the only one having this problem.

Then Yes obviously, The modified code is taken directly from the old ARK ramp code... The way it works is this, For every attainable level in game you must have 1 line of code.... so say you get a max level of 100 then you need 100 lines of code for engrams... the reason people just generate a set amount is cos it would be very time consuming to work out what each line needs to be & at the end of the day why does it matter if you have 1000 points left when the point is to just cover what is needed...

Thanks for the explanation but this is still not answering my question, or am I too stupid to understand why this just happened to me or my config file and nobody else.

I have an Ark server too and here it is a lil bit different and i had adjust the player lvls myself a long time ago. I guess i have to do it myself for Atlas as well, which is not a problem.

I just thought that there is a basic config like they published for Ark in the Wiki that is realistic and not what i have right now, or maybe i should ask this question on the Atlas boards and not here since i am the only one that has this problem with so many engram points per lvl.

But thanks for your help.

Its just a standard ramp code designed to cover all the bases which in this case is to have enough points to learn a full skill tree as a single player... I assume you already know this cos you cant learn more than 30% of the total without using some sort of code which ill assume again is why you were messing with the advanced config :) Not sure why it bothers you to be honest...

It happened cos you placed a check in the box that says edit engrams....

It happened cos you placed a check in the box that says edit engrams....

Yep this is exactly why. We haven't gotten that far yet.

Only the settings that say "Confirmed Atlas Setting" are ones that are tested & working. The rest are just experimental/copied from ARK and are available to test with at your own risk / no guarantee that they work yet. Will eventually remove all of the ones that don't apply and fix up the engrams.

Okay. That makes sense now. But i never checked this box. All i did is hit the radio button in order to see the engram points. I have never changed or saved the config file.

Anyway, this answered my question and this thread can be closed.

I wrote my own config and i will wait until the rest is fixed or taken out like you said.

Thank you Ryan.