Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Change Server Seed

jstoffa

You will just need to add a new value into the "World Seed" field, check the Clean World Save checkbox, and then click the big green "Save Settings and Restart Game Server" button found at the bottom of your control panel.

Having the same issue right now myself, changing the seed via the control panel or cleaning the save information doesn't appear to generate a world currently. I've also tried manually changing the ini seed and it does not clear the map/generate a new world based on the seed.

So the seed is being updated in your control panel, but there is no visible changes to the map in game, or are neither changing? I was able to test on a server and I got the seed to change in the panel.

The seed changes in the panel and the seed changes in the ini, however the in game map stays the same regardless if changed directly in the ini or via the control panel.

I will have this looked into, thank you for reporting the issue! I find it very odd that the server and ini will accept the change, but the game will not react.

It's also worth noting that clearing the save via the control panel doesn't actually wipe the world either. It only wipes the character data/tribe data of characters created. The world remains the same with all edits made by previously created characters.

Having the same prob here.  Changed the seed, but have the same map :,(

We can see what is wrong with your server if you would like. The wipe option on the panel and seed change should change it. (note the wipe option will delete all data)  Send a support ticket in and we will take a look into your server.

How do I get a map seed to actually work? I found a great one in creative mode. It says the map seed from the world file is 6656 but the control panel says that is too short. I tried to copy the file over to my server directly, but it just keeps loading the same map no matter what i do. :( I have wiped the server a few times now, and it still loads the map as normal.

I don't know what I am missing. I have  done the clean with the new seed and it always goes back to the original map. It wipes the characters, items ect. but not the map itself.