Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Switching to a different map

mcdudeman

Hi, my buddy and I are thinking about trying aberration and I wanna know how i can download my island data so that if we wanna switch back our data can still be used? Like is it possible to download a copy of the map data or backup data? And is there a way to restore it? I read that i guess unless you rent two servers (which is a bit much for us) you would lose the island data after a while.

I just don't wanna lose any data.

Thanks

So if I change the map of the server I’m renting it’s a full restart of everything or can characters/Dino’s be moved at all? Also if we change back is the original map info saved for any length of time?

So if I even accidentally switched the map, it will delete all the other data immediately?

If you accidentally switch the map you can always go back to the old one and use the data restore to get it back. However when you select a new map a pop up window should show up warning you it will wipe the data.

• 2 months later...

hey bro if you wanna change maps we could help eachother out we could cluster together and then send our characters to a new map kinda like this 

Step 1- We cluster our two servers temporarly
Step 2- You transfer all your players who wanna move into my server
Step 3- Change your server to the map you wanna go to 
Step 4- Transfer your characters out of my server back into yours on your new map
Step 5- My players who are moving transfer thier characters to your new map
Step 6- I change my map on my seerver
Step 7- I transfer my characters and players back to our server on our new map
Step 8- We delete the Cluster