Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Player and dino levels

Dedish

I rented a aberration server today. I've manged to set server setting via modify server config. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to change max player level and dino level. I've changed player level in server config, added xp and engrams yet can't get past level 90 even thos default level is 115....

Can someone please give me a straight up answer on how to do this?

There is an issue with ARK servers using custom leveling or engram setups at this time. Any server with these settings may have players losing progress (i.e mindwipes) or, at the least, losing 15 levels. Any survivor who has has not undergone Ascension will only be able to level up to 30 levels below the server's max level. (i.e server max level is 115, pre-Ascension survivors will only go up to level 85)

There are two ways to bypass this problem for now. The simplest solution is using the Modify Server Config tool within our control panel, however there is another solution for those who are comfortable with modifying configuration files directly.

Add 15 custom levels via Modify Server Config or via Game.in

1. Stop your game server.
  2. For Modify Server Config within the control panel.
    1. Scroll to the Player Level section. Click on the "+ Add Level" button 15 times (1 for each level).
    2. Scroll down to the bottom of the listed levels and add the amount of total experience points needed per level as well as the engrams given per level up.
    3. Click on the button on the bottom to Save Configuration and restart the server.
  3. For Game.ini (PC users)
    1. Using WinSCP or Filezilla, connect to your server using FTP.
    2. Locate the Game.ini file located at /ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/Game.ini
    3. Find the first section that starts with "LevelExperienceRampOverrides=". This lists the custom levels for players. The second section lists the levels for tamed dinosaurs.
    4. Add entries in the format ExperiencePointsPerLevel[x]=Y, where x is the level you are adding and Y is the total experience needed to reach that level. Do not forget to use a comma to separate these entries.
    5. Once done, save the Game.ini file, close FTP, and restart server.
  4. For Game.ini (PS4 users)
    1. On the control panel, click on the Game.ini button.
    2. Find the first section that starts with "LevelExperienceRampOverrides=". This lists the custom levels for players. The second section lists the levels for tamed dinosaurs.
    3. Add entries in the format ExperiencePointsPerLevel[x]=Y, where x is the level you are adding and Y is the total experience needed to reach that level. Do not forget to use a comma to separate these entries.
    4. Once done, click on the "Save Game.ini" button on the bottom of the pop-up window.

Remove custom leveling and engrams

1. Stop your game server.
  2. Using the Modify Server Config tool, locate the section for Player Levels.
  3. Click the radio button for "Leave Default".
  4. Once done, scroll down to the bottom and click on the button to save configuration.

We are awaiting to hear from Wildcard regarding this issue with servers using custom leveling setups, but until then, these are our recommendations. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic should be Pinned.

After days of searching this post resolved my server experience issue.

Simply knowing if I use custom level settings, I must create an addition 15 levels beyond the 115 cap because of a known bug.

Would have saved a large amount of time and additional posts.

Thank you.

This topic should be Pinned.

After days of searching this post resolved my server experience issue.

Simply knowing if I use custom level settings, I must create an addition 15 levels beyond the 115 cap because of a known bug.

Would have saved a large amount of time and additional posts.

Thank you.

There should now be a pinned verison on this. :)