These are the instructions for downloading the War of the Walkers mod for 7 Days to Die and getting it up and running on our game servers.
Download the Mod
First step is download the two sets of mods, both Server and Client versions.
- Go here: https://7daystodie.c...-Mod-(Overhaul) Before you begin, confirm that the version that is up at the header of the post will work for your server version.
- Download the AXX EAC Standard Mod Github (SERVER) Download. (XX = version number) Find this file on your computer and place it in a folder labeled "Server Version".
- Extract the contents of this ZIP file, which will be a folder, to the "Server Version" folder.
- Download the AXX EAC Standard Mod Github (CLIENT/SP Local) Download. (XX = version number) Find this file on your computer and place it in a folder labeled "Client Version".
- Like Step #3, extract the main folder from the ZIP folder and place it in the "Client Version" folder.
- Placing the two folders in different folders will help separate which is which because both folders are named the same. Now on to FTP usage.
FTPing the Server Version
You may found a download link for WinSCP here: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php To edit/upload/save/delete files via FTP, use the following method:
- Stop your server from the control panel and wait for the page to reload.
- Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel
- Find the folder that you extracted from the ZIP in the "Server Version" folder. Copy this over from your computer to the "root" (top level) directory of your game server.
- Once the file has copied over, open the contents of the folder and copy over the two folders, Data and Mod, into the top directory. You will be prompted if you wish to overwrite files. Answer "yes" to all.
- After uploading your files in the proper directories, restart your server from the panel
Installing the Mod at Home
Once the server version has been uploaded, now the client (i.e your computer) needs to have the mod installed.
- Open the folder named "Client Version" on your computer and copy the contents of WaroftheWalkersGitHub2-master.
- Navigate to your 7 Days to Die install folder on your computer. The default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die.
- Paste the contents of the WaroftheWalkersGitHub2-master folder from the first step into this folder. You will be prompted to confirm copying over existing files. There will be an option to say "yes to all". Do so.
- Start up your game and then connect to your server. If you've installed this correctly, you will see a fancy new HUD with the number of days in the top left, elevation and temperature markings on the bottom left along with other various stats, and a fancy skull directly to the right of those stats. If you see white boxes where the HUD should be and icons are not showing up for the new items, you will need to reinstall the client side version of the mod.
Also, during my own testing with this mod, there was considerable lag in the game menu that cleared up after a few minutes.