Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

GameUserSettings.ini wiped on startup?

Bradley

Can it be that the GameUserSettings.ini file gets wiped to your web based server config tool settings?
Because everytime i put in my custom .ini and open it up while the server restarted, it's wiped?

There is a known issue where changes to the GameUserSettings.ini file done via the FTP, are reverted whenever you do any "Save form values" type action from within the "Modify Server Config" tool. From what I understand, this is a game issue, not a host issue.

In order to maintain changes to the .ini via FTP, you will have to forego making any further changes to the "Modify Server Config" tool, and simply do the "Start Server" action at the top of your Control Panel after having saved your changes in your FTP tool, and disconnecting that tool.

If you have further problems with this, I suggest putting in a support ticket.

I don't believe the auto-update should have any bearing on this from what I've seen.

I would suggest just putting in a support ticket, as they can help you further from there.

So i tried to upload the 2 .inis and closed the connection afterwards. Clicked the small start button and checked back in the ftp after a few minutes. both .inis wiped...

I'm sorry, to clarify, I believe Ryan was seeing if you could screenshot the "Modify Server Config" tab that you were saying was empty.
That could certainly indicate a misaligned link between your server and the MSC tool.

At any rate, this is indeed odd and it has Ryans attention, so we're getting on this one. Just bear with us. =)

So i got this issue for 1 whole week now. I really need help with this. Just give me a warning or something and reinstall the whole server please... I'm tired off messing with the support and getting no help.. instead i get things like "you bumped your ticket, now you are being delayed."

That's not empty at all. If you check other posts in this forum you'll see we're aware of the changes needed to be added to that tool, descriptions need to be changed now that more information is available.

So I took a look at the ticket you have open for this. First, no mention of bumping..not sure where you got that from. Secondly, I copy/pasted the config you supplied us and stopped & started the server with the Start/Stop buttons.

These are the values that were auto-removed by the game server (not us) as they were invalid.

DayCycleSpeedScale=1.00000
DayTimeSpeedScale=1.00000
DinoCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=1.00000
DinoCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=1.00000
DinoCountMultiplier=1.00000
DinoDamageMultiplier=1.00000
DinoResistanceMultiplier=1.00000
globalVoiceChat=0
HarvestHealthMultiplier=1.00000
PlayerCharacterHealthRecoveryMultiplier=1.00000
PlayerCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=1.00000
PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=1.00000